Chapter eighty nine

"Anakin: you need to go home and get some rest." Obi wan spoke to me as I sat getting my hand and shoulder tender to by a medic. Let's just say I overestimated how much of my weight my dislocated wrist could hold up and ended up falling down three floors and crashing on my shoulder. It hurt like hell but the pain was numbed by the fact (y/n) was still missing. Five hours of searching, and we still couldn't find her. It was even starting to get dark now, the whole place had to be lit up with military grade flood lights as troopers continued to work at retrieving the trapped and the dead.

"Obi wan I can't go home yet - and even if I do, I won't be able to sleep, not without knowing she's safe." I replied while turning to look from the crumpled building back towards my former master. Illuminated by flashing from those blindingly bright lights dark shadows were accentuated across Obi wans face as he gave a frown. He knew as well as i that until she was found I wouldn't be leaving. He may have been able to convince Ahsoka, but I was a whole other level of stubborn.

"In that case at least wait here, they're saying it could be another hour or so until they safely reach the chancellors office." He explained while in the not to far distance a clone called out for help. Immediately Obi wan had lost my focus as I was looking towards the rubble with a clenched, praying to see her face no matter how unlikely it was. But it wasn't her, it was never her, not once since we'd arrived had I even felt her presence. I was so afraid.

My hands clenched into tight fists within my lap as I looked down and bit my lip to prevent myself from crying. I hate being away from her: why, why whenever we're apart for more than a few hours is her life put at risk. The galaxy's cruel to go after such a wonderful woman.

"...I need her Obi wan, I, I need to know she's safe," I mumbled out without thinking, a slight stammer to my voice. Pulling my hands up and rubbed my palms over my face with a tired groan. I hadn't slept in over thirty six hours now for one reason or another, obi wan was right to be concerned. "I wish this war was over already, then maybe I wouldn't have to worry for her every time she leaves my side: I swear, there's no one more unfortunate than her in this galaxy..." I groaned rubbing away a couple of tears discretely from my eyes. Obi wan placed a hand on my shoulder and gave a sad smile.

"She has you Anakin: I'd say that's very fortunate," he spoke to which the corner of my lips tugged up into a grateful half-smile. Then he let out a heavy sigh and his shoulders slumped a little. "Anakin I know a little something about loving someone prone to danger: you'll never stop worrying about her, but you are right, once this war is over the galaxy will become a far safer place." He added opening up a little in that way that showed he really did care. It was at times like these that we weren't jedi, we were, well, brother I guess?

"So...you and Satine, is that...

"Yes that's a thing, or at least, I wish it could be." He replied before I'd even managed to finish the question. I gave a small childish grin back sitting back up, this being a good distraction from my growing anxiety.

"So Korkie is,,?" I questioned watching as his cheeks flushed that fluster shade of red once more and he glanced down. The man cleared his throat and shifted awkwardly in his seat.

"...it's entirely possible he might be." He replied catching me completely by surprise. I'd never have taken my master as the type to actually go through and 'do the deed': kissing, yes, but anything further, well I never thought he had it in him.

"Holy kriffing force I owe (y/n) thirty credits..." was the only response that came to me as I sat back with a dumbstruck look. However nearly as soon as I realised I'd mentioned (y/n) my heart sank again. Force did I feel empty without her...

"General! General Skywalker!" I was suddenly made aware of one of the clones shouting. Immediately I looked up and squinted across the tented area, my eyes meeting with the familiar sight of Fives running over waving his arms in the air in an effort to gain my attention. Though he looked like a crazy person it worked, I'd  spotted him in an instant. Now I was just wondering what he wanted. "Sir we've found a way to the chancellors office! Scans seem to indicated general (y/l/n) to be inside!" He called across though even before he'd finished I was already back on my feet running over through the organised troops, Obi wan hot on my heels. It took less than a few seconds for me to reach him and when I did I didn't slow I simply caught him by placing a hand to his shoulder and followed his lead as we began to jog side by side back towards we're he'd emerged from.