Chapter eighty six

(Play song 'not about angels' or really anything that gives you feels for this first but)

Anakin had his arm wrapped round my shoulders as we stood to the side of the congregation up near the front with Padmè and a number of the 501st. Master Yoda stood at a small podium with a sad look to his aged features as he looked down upon the coffin that was purely ceremonial. There was no body to recover after the explosion, all we had was her memory and an empty casket covered with beautiful white lilies and a whole wreath of cream and purple roses. The rest of us however all wore various shades of black and grey in a traditional act of respect. Tears in my eyes I looked to master Yoda as he began to speak.

"Sad day this is...lost one of our own. We have," he began saying at which point Anakin gave my arm a little squeeze and gently rolled me in towards his chest. "Young Shimara, a hero she died, saved Skywalker and (y/l/n) she did, grateful we are...but also sad..." Master Yoda sighed lowering his head as the crowd only seemed to grow. Ari really did touch a lot of people's lives, senators, clones, younglings...all kinds of people had turned up today, and though my heart was heavy with grief it also warmed at the sight.

"Yes...sad today is..." the little green man added with a sighed placing both his clawed hands on his cane with another bow of his head, green ears drooping slightly with a morose frown. I looked away and closed my teary eyes curling up closer to Anakin, not caring others were about to see. He rubbed his hand over my shoulder and gently rested his chin atop mine.

"It's alright sweetheart, I've got you..." Anakin whispered while gently and discretely running his fingers through my hair. I nodded lightly into his chest as my tears soaked into his robes. This was horrible...I didn't want to say goodbye yet...

"...why's master Windu wearing slippers?" I heard Obi wan puzzle from beside us at a low whisper, his comment gaining my attention once again. I looked back up to my fiancé watching as he rose a brow and gave a half smirk. I then glanced across to a begrudged looking master Windu whom had just joined the crowd wearing a pair of fluffy purple slippers.

"...look at the clones feet love," Anakin whispered his lips to my ear momentarily with his hands set on my shoulders. I did as he said, surprised by what I saw. Each clone present was wearing a pair of boots signature to master Windu's along with their more casual attire. Finally I gave a little smile and felt a laugh in my laughs. "I though Ari would want one last prank on her favourite target..." Anakin whispered into my ear with a low chuckle as we both looked across to the pissed Jedi master.

He was right...she'd love this.

"If no further comments there are, away we-

"Wait..!" I heard a small voice with a big heart cry out loudly gaining the entire gatherings attention. Sure enough as I looked round I saw Ahsoka pushing through the crowd to get to the front. People were whispering in the crowds as she nervously came to the stand, something held in her hand that I couldn't quiet see. Her eyes were reddened from crying and she seemed to be shaking a little, her still she stood there so tall.

"I, I like to say something..." She called up without a microphone addressing the crowd. As glances passed between the gathering I let my fingers interlace with Anakins as a silent show of support and unity, the both of us slightly standing there in stunned pride of our dear Ahsoka.

"...Ari never took credit when things went right, she'd always brush it off as luck or some fluke of the universe; but, this wasn't luck, this was her...she knew what she was heading into, and, and though it hurts so bad...I know she'd be happy knowing her plan succeeded," Ahsoka spoke, her voice beginning to shake towards the end, tears brimming in her eyes. She was staring ahead as though at something in particular. The whole place was silent allowing the gentle breeze to be heard as it drifted through the nearby trees. "...I, I don't want any to say goodbye...but if this is it I want to say that...that Ari Shimara was the greatest friend in the galaxy, she had a heart of gold and a smile like the stars...she will be dearly missed, thank you, that's all I have to say..." Ahsoka trailed off, the young her arm across her eyes before stepping down and away, placing a hand on the wood of the purely decretive coffin. Her sad blue downcast eyes looked across the pale flowers, seeming to see the same thing I did. Pulling a hand grin under her jacket she produced a beautiful handful of small pink flowers. Ari's favourite.