Chapter seventy six

Anakin's pov

I sat in the back with (y/n), holding her in my arms as she took a nap. Usually I'd be up in the front flying but since I couldn't stand being around Kaida while sober and I preferred spending what time I could with my Angel. She looked so peaceful when she slept, her beautiful face relaxed and content. Moving my hand down I rested it upon her belly, a smile growing across my lips as I felt the presence of our little baby. They were beautiful, a glowing soul of purity.

"I love you..." I whispered while leaning down and pressing a light kiss to the bump and looking there as though I could already see my beautiful baby. Then my gaze travelled back up to her face and my smile grew even more so. "And I love you to." I added leaning up and landing a peck on her cheek. My beautiful wife and my beautiful baby...I didn't need anything else to be happy.

"Master Skywalker master Skywalker!"

"Holy force Ari!" I whispered in exclamation as the girl ran in and jumped up on the bunk beside me with a big excited grin. I'll never understand how this kid is constantly so happy. Don't get me wrong it's wonderful to be around, just, strange during these difficult times. "What are you doing back here?" I asked while looking over my shoulder as she folded her legs up and looked between (y/n) and I while twirling her hair through her fingers.

"Master Starfallen found out I knew about her marriage and now she's pissed at me, so I thought I'd come back here and hide." The girl responded with a casual hum that caused me to chuckle. Removing one hand from my dear fiancé I reached up and instead ruffled the girls hair.

"Well you're welcome to hide here as long as you like kiddo." I replied wrapping my arm round her shoulders and pulling her closer. I was feeling unusually affectionate today, most likely thanks to spending a week with my darling fiancé. She really had made me feel a lot better the past few days, it had been bliss just spending each day alone with her. We'd eat breakfast together watching the water, play games during the day among other things, and then every night we'd sit and watch the sun set across the lakes. It was wonderful.

"Master Skyguy, you're smiling all weird." I then heard the girl speak up from beside me, as I glanced down I could see her night bluish green eyes staring up at me.

"Am I? Well I guess I've got a lot to be happy about." I replied without letting my smile drop, I was to happy to feel guilty right now.

"Some day, I want to be just as happy as you two." The girl replied with a heart warming expression.

"I'm sure someday you will be little one." I replied offering her a kind smile before looking back to the love of my life as she slept on.

"We're coming out of hyperspace!" Master Starfallen called back from the cockpit, only moments later something strange happened. There was a crash but not like the type that alluded to cannon fire, no this was something, something that caused me to immediately feel drowsy and fall unconscious.

Some time must've passed before I slowly began to wake up again, my head foggy as my eyes opened. Inhaling a long breath I glanced round, seeing (y/n) sleeping beside me and Ari draped forward across my shoulder. Immediately I checked their pulses, relieved when I found them to be alright. Just asleep, I could handle that.

"Everyone alive back there?!" Kaida called from the cockpit. Well of course she had to be completely fine, tough old thing probably didn't even have a headache.

"Everyone's alive, anyone hurt your end?" I called back while while sitting up and gently nudging the padawan beside me before turning my attention to (y/n) and our baby. As to be expected there was no response from the cockpit and instead there was the only the sound of (y/n) stirring from her extended nap. Her eyes fluttered open as she turned her head and slowly came to meet my eyes. "Good morning beautiful." I whispered while reaching across and cupping her cheek. She was so perfect...