Chapter one hundred and sixteen

Fire consumed the atmosphere of Coruscant down below. From the second we'd heard the news the entire cruiser had been in a flurry of motion but on arriving back at the capital that level of chaos only appeared to increase. Troops ran back and forth in their batches as squad leaders barked orders. It was loud and tense, the most tense I'd felt this place in a while.

Outside separatist ships filled the air but none stood out to the same degree as the one we knew to belong to general Grevious. His flagship was so obvious it might as well have been painted with a sign. Though, as if the cringingly offensive battlements weren't enough to identify the ship I had another way of knowing it was the right me housing Palpatine. That reason was simple, I could sense my father upon it.

His presence was like a beacon with no attempts made to dim it down, it was so obvious he was there it had to be purposeful. Perhaps a warning,

At this distance I couldn't tell but I had been sure to alert Anakin through our bond in the force. See, he had myself and Ari staying upon the bridge. We weren't to be involved with this battle as anything more than bystanders and Anakin was even anxious about that. But I assured him no harm would come to either of us and he should focus on the rescue mission. Even if I didn't trust the chancellor I couldn't just step in and argue we shouldn't save him - that would help no one. So Obi wan and Anakin left as soon as we arrived with their respective fighter squadrons.

I only hope this wasn't some kind of trap...

Anakins pov

"Level us out R2 and prepare to circle round again." I called while working tirelessly across the ships controls. We'd been out here around fifteen minutes trying to assess the situation. Obi wan and I had flown by the cruiser a good number of times now but we're yet to find an opening. Between the vulture droids and cannon fire it was had to find a single opening.

"Anakin slow down, speed doesn't mean accuracy we need to take our time if this is to work." Obi wan's voice came through the comms saying. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Of course he was right, a well thought out plan beat reckless behaviour but right here and now we were under crushing time pressure.

"I'm sorry master it's just-

"You want to get back to (y/n), I understand Anakin but calm down, take a breath and think, what do we need to do." He instruct while we were in the middle over evading heavy fire. I loved my master, whatever battle we were In we could manage to hood a casual conversation. So spinning to the left I took a breath and closed my eyes.

"We need to find a way into the hanger, take out the droids and find the chancellor." I responded while levelling out again and turning to glide back behind the cruiser again.

"Correct, now let's start on an approach." Obi wan responded through the comms. Now I was just able to see him coming up on my right just out the corner of my eyes. He was flying far slower than myself as always but that's didn't matter when he was so effective.

"Hold on a second general, we're receiving a transmission, routing it to you now." One of the clone chipped in from the other frequency. The both of her flew parallel, tilting in unison to avoid incoming fire. My comms unit crackled before another voice was heard.

"Kenobi Skywalker, this is general Acaina do you read?" A voice I wasn't expecting chimed in. What on Coruscant was Kaida's husband doing here? I thought he was posted in the outer rim covering our retest.

"We read you loud and Acaina, it's good to here from you old friend." Obi wan replied. As he did I notice a green and grey fighter spear that n my starboard side. Looks like we were getting back up.

"Likewise," Acaina replied moving to fly parallel with my former master. "Now o to business: there's quite the number of vulture droids on the underside of that best and I believe a good number buzz droids too however-