Chapter thirty two

Lunch with Padmè was wonderful, I got to order a lovely plate of Okariun twin-tailed ice fish-something I hadn't had the luxury of since one of my distant birthdays. Honestly it was wonderful to have something from home again after so long, with the import charges Coruscant places on the rare fish it would be impossible on my budget. Anyway the meal was excellent and the company even more so. Unfortunately however Anakin got called back to work by Obi Wan before we could get any private time. Afterward I went back to Padmes for some tea where before I left she surprised me with the gift of yet another beautiful dress. This one was a striking red I'd tried but turned away for being a little to, sexy. Halter neck with an exposed back and slit up to the upper thigh on my left, it was went typically something I'd think of wearing but I couldn't deny I loved the look.

Since I'd changed back into my robes and returned to the temple I'd shut myself up in my room where I'd been sat for the past hour with a bottle of setting glue trying to make Abakins present. Poking at the bracelet I let out a small sigh before looking up at the clock. Seeing that it was near time to meet my boyfriend at the speeder bay I pulled over the box I'd made to store his gift in, checking it out as dry before placing it in and tying a ribbon around to seal it. Outside it was getting a little dark, lights beginning to illuminate the vast city.  Getting up I went to the bathroom to change into my dress and fix my lightsaber to my upper right thigh.

"...I wonder if this is a little to much..." I mumbled to myself while turning from side to side and admiring myself in the mirror with a small frown. I didn't look like myself in this, my hair fixed in waves and makeup perfect, the dress perfectly fitted to my curves. With a small shrug I decided it would probably be alright if I wore a cloak over the top when leaving. Before heading out the room I slipped on a pair of black heels Padmè had also gifted me, almost falling as I made my way back over to my desk. Pulling my cloak on I then picked up the gift for Anakin and looked down at it with a soft smile before hiding it away in my cloak. Leaving the room I suspected people would think it a little strange to see a Jedi concealed almost completely within their cloak while within the temple but it was better than questions being raised as to why i was wearing a classy dress. Not to mention it would look incredibly suspicious leaving the temple in party wear with my amazingly handsome best friend. Anyway so I didn't want any other Jedi to see us together as we both left the temple. When I got to the bay I saw Anakin seemed to have the same idea and was also wearing a cloak, though his was black.

"Ready?" He asked quietly while raising a brow as I walked over, a small smirk playing at his lips. I really had to wonder what he'd planned.

"Ready." I confirmed giving him a soft smile as I stepped across and into his yellow speeder. Funny I could've sworn that you as the same speeder as the one we chased padmes bounty Hunter in, maybe he actually bought it after the mission. Getting into the passenger seat I looked over the controls, brushing my fingers across the buttons while he got in the pilots side.

"Recognise it?" He asked while glancing over my way with a mischievous glint in his eyes that only proved my theory further.

"Isn't this the speeder we 'borrowed' to catch Obi Wan." I replied back in a questioning tone as I glanced back up and round towards him, watching as his smile grew and his gave a small nod.

"That's right, I bought it a couple of weeks after the battle of Geonosis, Obi Wan told it was mad, but what can I say? I'm a sucker for speed and power." He said before turning and giving me a smirk with a chuckle. However I was just praying he'd look back to the road ahead quickly.

"Heh, I didn't know yellow was your colour," I chuckled while looking at the building we flew past to try and get an idea of where exactly we were headed. "Anyway how did you get the money? The temple doesn't exactly pay well for out services." I went on to ask with some curiosity as I glanced back over at him. Anakin gave a small side smile towards me as he took a turning off into the side.