Chapter ninteen

As the twin suns of Tattoine drew low in the skies; casting a orange glow across the whie and gold sands all around, my journey was finally at an end. I'd stopped on the outskirts of what appeared to be some form of tribal camp. I suspected while I cautiously drew closer that this was the home of a tribe of Tusken raiders, a people I'd read about once during my studies. Tuskens' were hunters as far as I knew, a savage people still in their primal stages, I'd have to be careful not to startle or be seen by them. I crawled along through te sand for cover until I was above a ledge over looking the camp, casting my sights down and looking around to try and find what had drawn me here...or at least why the force had led me here. It was as I was watching the Tuskens I noticed something strange, a non native was walking through cloaked in black, the people standing aside in what appeared to be fear as he did so. Frowning I watched as he entered one of the tents, proping myself up onto my elbows as I decided I needed to take a look in that shack.

Carefully I made my way down through the sand; wishing I hand a hood to conceal myself further while I ducked behind one of the tents as to men passed by, counting their steps as they left before slipping round and into the tent. Looking around inside the dim room I gasped slightly, noticing a frail looking woman tied up to a stand, her breathing dangerously shallow. Hasitally I stepped across to untie her, but my actions were soon halted as a red glow filled the room, and a lightsaber blade was pointed to my throat. Gathering my nerves I took a shaky breath and raised my hands a little, listening closely to the dull thud of footsteps as my attacker stepped out from the shadows. I'd been so caught up in trying to save the woman...I'd completely forgotten someone else was here.

"(Y/n) (y/l/n) I presume? I expected better..." The towering male uttered in an emotionless tone that felt vaugely familiar, or at least, the way he spoke was. In fact now my focus was more shifted to him his whole aura felt strangely simlar to something I should know. However this was no time to get distracted by such things; the man before me was clearly a sith, and worse still I'd let myself become captured by him...for the time being at least.

"My reputation proceeds me, have we met?" I asked in a casual tone, tryign to by time to make an excapse plan up that would favor saving both me and the womans lives.

"No, but I know you," He replied while driving me back away from the womans posistion with the tip of his red saber, his actions bold and confident. "Hand me your saber." He said in a similarly demarding tone to the one Anakin would use, though his was far colder, harsher, devoid of any sense of care. Glancing down I notived his gloved hand was held out towards me expectantly, wait no, it wasn't gloved, it was mechanical.

"Alright I'm reaching for it now, see," I said while slowing runing my hand down to my belt, every movemnet carefully planned as I gently removed the hilt and began to pass it over. However the actions that followed next took a page out of Anakins reckless behaviour, since before he could take my saber I wrapped my fingers tightly round the metal and ignited the blade, ducking down as I swept the blue blade across to cast his away from me. I followed up the surpise attack with a force push, using all the power I could to send him flying out the tent before dashig over to the woman, quickly cutting her bonds with the blade and carrying her over my shoulder as I sliced and exit in the opposite side of the tent. "Stay with me..." I mumbled to the weakening woman while disingaging my saber, clipping it back in place while putting my other hand or hand back to try and ease her suffering through the force. It was strange, but as I continued to run me fingers began to tingle; and my energy levels began to sevrely drop, my eyesight growing hazing, like my use of the force was becoming comprimised...or it's focus was else where. I say this because it appeared as I got slower, the woman over my shoulder was coming into a more stable state...

"You won't escape me a second time!" I heard the sith call after me as my heartbeat thudded in my ears loudly, my senses cloudy and yet I could still feel him repidly approaching.