Chapter Four

The mission

〰️Ten years later〰️

〰️Ten years later〰️

I lay staring up at the ceiling: feeling my chest slowly rise and fall with every steady yet slow breath while my mind thought of various events, my arms crossed back behind my head. Today my master-not Yoda anymore but instead master Starfallen, she was busy tending to some mission off world, somethng I'd grown used to over these last few years. So I was left to conduct my own training for the day, and yes that meant I was in no hurry. After all, patience is key...

I yawned and stretched my arms above my head, slowly sitting up and rubbing my temples as I let out a little groan, out stretching one hand and using the force to pull over my belt and boots from were I knew they lay. Sleep still clouding my eyes I buckled up the leather straps on each article of clothing and got up to cross over to the mirror. Staring at myself in the mirror I worked and smoothing out my hair, having not cut it since I joined the order it was now near waist length, meaning I had to tie back the front pieces, leaving just my braid to fall in front of my shoulder. Checking the nearby clock I saw it was still mid morning, the perfect time to train since younglings were in class all morning. I made my way silently over to the door, eyes briefly meeting with a small metal object of my shelf, a smile spreading slightly on my face as I left into the hallway. Humming quietly in contentment I began to walk to the training hall, passing through the canteen as I went to pick up some breakfast to eat on the way. As I entered the hall I noted that there was only a few padawans and a couple of masters inside, that was good.

"Morning (y/l/n), I heard master Starfallen went off on a mission to Florrum this morning, if you need anything feel free to just ask, I'm always happy to help." One of the other young masters I'd become familiar with said with a smile as I passed by, his green eyes full of comfort and warmth.

"Thank you for the offer master Acaina, but I'll be okay on my own." I said politely back with a small bow and a smile. That was one of the things I'd managed to overcome over the years, I was no longer afraid to talk to others, no longer feeling so self conscious. I have to admit though I think it was Anakin's influence that helped me there, since I did always admire his confidence I guess when he left I realised I could do it to.

"Hm always happy to help, I do hope you have a good day." He replied with a nod before turning to leave back to where him and his padawan had been training. However his padawan stayed behind, his golden-brown eyes fixed on me.

"Hey." He said simply when he realised I'd noticed him staring.

"Hey." I replied flatly, with a small wave of my hand from my side.

"Bynn, come we have training to do." Master Acaina called back to the boy.

"I have to go, uh, maybe I'll see you later..?" The boy awkwardly said while pointing back towards where his master was while giving me a half smile. I internally rolled my eyes as I held in a chuckle at his behaviour, looking at how he was staring at me like a lost puppy,