Chapter sixty

The evening prior...

"Wait wait wait, you're telling me you have a driving license??" Ari had asked her friend Ahsoka as the pair sat on the floor of their masters' boarded up apparent playing some form of card game the clones had taught them earlier on. Neither one had yet heard about the events on Naboo, not that (y/n) had been kidnapping nor that Anakin had been arrested for assault. They were still innocent to all of it.

"I mean yeah, I got mine after the padawan trials, you know at the induction meeting?" Ahsoka responded while making her move on the bored however Ari just looked completely lost and consumed. In fact the other girls sole though was, 'there was a meeting..?'

"Ari you go have a pilots license don't you? I mean you pod race-

"That isn't proven." The other teen interjected.

"Right, you ' hypothetically' pod race, but you do have a license right?" The tortuga preceded to ask with a small frown as she sat back slightly. Now. Ari could make one of to choice here. Tell the truth and risk reprimanding...or lie and deal with the consequences at a later date.

"Sure I do!" She laughed choosing option two as always. You were only a liar if you got caught after all, and Ari never got caught. Not yet at least.

Though Ahsoka was close enough to be wise to her good friend bluffs by now, the tortuga giving a suspicious tilt of her head. But as always Ari sim play returned it with a big bright grin, and before Ahsoka could ask any more questions the front door opened. Luck was always on Ari's side it seemed.

However to the girls surprise it was neither of their masters whom entered but rather an exhausted and apologetic looking Obi wan followed closely by an equally saddened Padmè. Immediately both shared a glance knowing something was severely wrong.

"Master Kenobi? What are you doing here so late?" Ahsoka asked with furrowed brows and a frown as her and Ari stood up to greet the adults. Obi wan gave a heavy sigh and looked to the side before back towards them both.

"I um...I have so bad news - don't worry no bodies died it's just, well...(y/n)'s been kidnapped and Anakins been placed under arrest for the time being..." The master explained trying to to take to long and stress the pair out further. Both girls held varying expressions of shock, Ahsoka giving a gasp while Ari dropped her playing cards with widened eyes. "I understand this must be incredibly confusing and difficult to hear, but until the matter has been resolved senator Amidala has offered to look after you both." The man continued while gesturing a had towards the elegant woman, the senator smiling softly as she took a step forward.

"I'm more than happy to provide anything you might need, just say the word." Padmè offered minding with both her hands held before her in perfect posture as always. She seemed to know all to well she couldn't replace their masters, she was simply trying to make things work in difficult times.

The girls agreed quietly and went to pack their bags with some basics. However while Ahsoka went ahead Ari had paused and turned back to address Obi wan.

"Master Kenobi..?" She begun with a rare hesitance as she avoided eyes contact and instead let her gaze wander from point to point around the room.

"Yes Ari?" The man responded with a hum having somewhat been expecting her to have questions. Though he couldn't have predicted what she'd ask.

"...master (y/l/n) was pregnant wasn't she..? What'll happen to the baby if the council find her..?" The little girl asked as her blueish green eyes finally met her in curiosity and concern. The teen already felt she knew the answer and that was why she was asking. She had to be sure.