Chapter fifty seven

The next morning came with my discharge from the medical wing in the early hours, and since I couldn't return to our apartment I'd instead headed for my former masters room. It was strange to be back in there, so many memories. I used to visit her all the time when I was little, she was never parental but she provided security. Being back in this room brought back all sorts of different memories, not all of them good, but all fond.

Since my master was away still I figured she wouldn't mind if I borrowed some fresh clothes. Opening the closet and went through trying to find something decent among all the cropped sports wear and baggy black flight suits.

"...I swear this woman only owns black clothing," I mumbled while rummaging through the racks going past item after item of black clothing. "Oh wait, tell a lie," I then added while pulling out a very short white dress. "That is a very fancy fabric," I mused while looking over the lace patterned silk. I then placed the dress back and continued to flick through until I found what looked like one of her old padawan robes hurried at the back. "That'll do." I hummed while pulling out the heavy hanger of dark brown and black material.

A little while later I stood at the temple entrance waiting for Padmè to come and pick me up. As far as the council was aware I was going with Padmè for diplomatic reasons to Naboo. Anakin and Obi wan were on clean up detail after the events of yesterday while the girls and clones where out running scans across the city. Though I hoped they caught the culprit I also hoped that it wasn't Ari and Ahsoka that did so. They'd gone through a lot already, maybe some while bantha chase would be better for them today.

"General (y/l/n), over here," I heard Padmè call up from down the front steps, quickly picking up my bag and making my way down to the speeder. She embraced me into a warm hug and rubbed my back. "Are you all set?" She asked quietly with her head still hooked over my shoulder. I thought for a moment on my decision, but my mind was completely made up. Now wasn't the right time to have a child, I was ready and neither was Anakin.

"This is for the best." I replied, giving her I small smile as I pulled back but kept my hands on her arms. She nodded and rubbed my arms in a friendly gesture before pulling her hands back and opening the speeder door behind her.

"Alright then, let's get going." She responded with a hand on my back guiding me towards the speeder. I was half way in when I felt a wonderfully familiar presence drawing closer at some speed.

"Hold up!" I heard Anakin call out, pausing in the doorway and looking over my shoulder as he ran over to us. The senator smiled as I hopped back out the speeder to greet my future husband. Anakin stood there in his usual amour sweating slightly like he'd ran all the way here from the other end of the temple. Which he may have.

"Anakin, what are you doing here?" I asked with a grin as he swept me into a hug. I'd thought he'd be to busy to see me off but it looks like I was wrong. It was great to see him, I'd been nervous all morning about my appointment so having him here was a huge relief.

"I came to see you off." He responded with his hands on my shoulders as he smiled down towards me.

"Aww you didn't have to do that." I replied giving his bicep a little squeeze as I grinned back. Anakins presence managed to wash away my nervousness bit by bit. His blue eyes darted about and he took my hand in his, lifting it up and quickly kissing the back affectionately.

"I wanted to, I didn't get a chance to see you this morning after all," Anakin responded holding my hand in both his lovingly. My heart fluttered at the adoration in his eyes, and the fact he'd run all the way over here just to say goodbye. "I'll be right here when you get back love, now I best get back before Obi wan sends a squad after me." He finished placing his forehead against mine and gently rocking me in an embrace. I reached up and punched his cheek in a playful manner, softly chuckling at his comment.