Chapter one hundred and eleven

Anakin's pov

"So you see chancellor, though I appreciate the offer to join your staff in Adrian's I have to refuse," Anakin spoke politely as he walked in pace with the shrivelled old man. Palpatine frowned at this and gave his young friend an incredulous look. Clearly this was not the response he wanted for nor the one he had been expecting. However Anakin was sure of his decision and believed he was doing the best for not just himself, but his family and the republic itself.

"However I have been in contact with Mastwe Starfallen,

"Master Starfallen has returned?" The chancellor asked now looking up to the side in order to view Anakins expression. The tall young man nodded his head only slightly disgruntled at being cut off. This was after all his second mentor.

"Yes: she returned last night back from classified deployment, i believe she would be perfect for your personal security team, in fact she should be arriving to meet with you any moment now." Anakin replied as they proceeded on at a casual pace through the halls. The chancellor walked on giving something of a content hum from the younger man's words. Now this new development seemed to intrigue the elder man a great deal.

"I see, I thank you my boy, this seems like a most excellent idea indeed." The chancellor replied as they came to the end of the long corridor. Just as Anakin had said, there by the door to the man's office Kaida was waiting in borrowed robes far smarter than her own, hair brushed for the first time in months and pulled back into two neat little buns. I gave a little smile seeing her, sure that i'd made the right decision in giving her this opportunity.  She'd be far happier on Coruscant near to her husband than out their.

"In that case I'll leave you both to settle the finer details," I added turning back to face the chancellor briefly and giving him a bow out of respect then walking forward. I paused by Kaida, hesitant to actually say something nice to her. Damm fatherhood really had changed me, this woman was my worst enemy and yet here I was providing her the safest job in the current galaxy. Pausing at her side I rose a brow looking to the scarred woman.

"Go on: your futures back in you hands now." I whispered giving her side a nudge from my elbow. She rolled her eyes and gave me the slightest of grateful smiles. Yes I'd just given up the chance to stay here while my wife was set to rest...but I knew
it was the right thing to do. It was the honourable decision.

Leaving her with the chancellor I made my way to the exit, eager to get home after the mornings meetings. There was a good reason I'd planned all my meetings for the morning, the council was having Obi wan and I  posted back to the front lines in just a couple of days and until then I wanted to be with my wife and make sure she settled. Last thing I wanted was for her to insist on coming back to to the war front with me when she was yet again pregnant. This time she was going to have the most peaceful pregnancy possible.

Heading out the senatorial building there was plenty of press about as always. For the first weeks it was fun having people so excited to take pictures of me, now it was just a chore. Luckily Rex and the boys brought me a cap to hide behind during to moments. Pulling the front down a bit I tried to sneak my way threw.

"General Skywalker any comment of the Jedi's handling of events on Mandolore?" One reporter asked thrusting a mic my way. I rolled my eyes and slipped past even if it was a fair question.

"General Skywalker! General Skywalker! What's it like being the only Jedi allowed to marry?" Another reporter asked, a young one evidently looking for a quick sweet story, I nearly stopped but instead it was just a reminder that I wanted to get back to my wife. So I kept moving.

"General Skywalker, any comment on rumours of an attack from the Dillau empire?" Another reporter asked and this time I did halt. The words swan around my head for a moment. They said rumour, that meant this was just to get a reaction.