Chapter eighty three

(I'll apologise now but, play the song ^ unsteady by X ambassador)

(Y/n)'s pov

Something's wrong, we're missing a vital piece of information, something staring us all right in the face and yet we're still blind. I can feel it, the tension built, something's about to happen...

"Everyone down!" Master Kenobi suddenly shouted and in response I felt Anakins muscles tense round mess he pulled me down under him, shielding me with his torso. My breath hitched in my throat and my heart beat loudly as I felt a rumbling of vibrations throughout the floor. And there it was, the crescendo. Smoke and dust drifted around, lit by embers of a dying flame. When my eyes opened I couldn't hear anything but a ringing...but I could still see. See Ahsoka stood there just like in the vision my mother showed me...her face not visible but I could see her hand drop, her communicator topple down to the ash below.

That's when I understood...

'Au'ta morre.'

Those words...she was apologising for the loss she knew I was going to suffer.

"Ari..!" I screamed as my heart shredded itself in grief, still clinging to a hope that maybe she'd appear from the smoke. Scrambling through the dirt and tried to run back towards the facility that burned before me. Fighting Anakins arms as they wrapped round my torso I kicked my legs out with tears in my eyes and tried to break free, wanting to run through the flames and bring her back.

"Ari..." I cried the word now broken by a sob that shook my lungs and caused my throat to tighten. Tears pricked my eyes as I continued to stare up at those blazing flames and weakly fought against my fiancé's hold. I moved my hands down over his I tried to pull his away finger by finger but he just tightened hold in a gentle manner and pulled me closer into his chest while whispering something to try and calm me. But I couldn't hear him, my heart was crying out and my mind was to stunned to do anything to sooth it.

"We need to go now." I was only just able to hear my master speak up in a grave tone, the clubs of sound kind of spacecraft engine coming down behind us as she did so. Still my eyes remained glued ahead, lips trembling and parted as I struggled to breath. Ahead of me I watched as the clones ran by and Obi wan walked over to Ahsoka, I saw how he wrapped an arm round her shoulder and she turned to bury her face in the mans tunic. Another cramp of pain hit me hard but it was downed out by my heartache.

"(Y/n) we need to get you out of here, come on love please...there's nothing we can do now." Anakin spoke sadly while looking down from over my shoulder, his arms still wrapped round my waist. I however I shook my head and proceeded to once again try and pull away from him towards the burning building.

"N-no...I, I won't leave her, I'm her master, in meant to keep her safe." I mumbled while reaching out as though if I stretched my fingers far enough forward I'd be able to pull her free from the rubble. But I could feel in the force her presence was gone, not a life sign to be noted...I'd lost my little beacon of light and innocence. Again Anakins hold had tightened slightly around my waist and he'd begun to gently pull me back towards where I could here some form of ship waiting.

"Angel there's nothing we can do, I'm sorry she's already gone," Anakin responded leaning forward to place a kiss to my temple. At his words I felt myself crumple into despair: my hormones, adenosine and grief all mixing to form a blinding hysteria, tears flooding from my eyes as I fell completely into Anakins hold and cried out from the pain increasing through my abdomen. There wasn't even time to let the situation sink in fully since my baby had chosen now as it's time to arrive. "Angel I'm sorry I really am but we need to get you to a medical station." Anakin proceed to add and though delirious I could hear the sparks of panic in his voice. That just reminded me of those nightmares, yet another thing for me to be anxious about. I could be about to die here...and yet in my grief I really didn't care.