Chapter One

'Are you an Angel?'

A new dawn a new home: a wonderful place with more people than I'd ever thought possible to see in one place

A new dawn a new home: a wonderful place with more people than I'd ever thought possible to see in one place. Beautiful buildings stretched up into the busy skies which were filled with so many kinds of speeder and transport, so many shining colours glimmering as blurs in the warm sunlight. Sunlight: a warm glow that enveloped me as soon as we entered the atmosphere, it's light unlike anything I'd ever experienced back on Okarius. The cold rock I was from only received two hours of pale starlight a day, and it was never warm like this sun here on Coruscant, no it was always cold and distant. This new place: so strange to my senses and new to my hazy eyes, it made me feel alive again, the rush of traffic, the noise of crowds, the sheer feeling of no longer being alone. It felt like home, as though I'd been waiting all eight years of my life just to be bought here. The Jedi that bought me here, master Yoda, he took me straight across to what he said was the 'Jedi temple'. The building was huge, and I could sense so many people inside-all with the same connection to that strange energy as me. As we walked I kept getting distracted: peering through arches into classes and training halls, in awe of the powerful people now surrounding me.

The Jedi...

"Wait here I ask young one, right back I will be." Master Yoda said as we stopped before a huge door. I nodded, to shy to speak among all these people far superior to myself. In that moment he entered the door to pass through I felt a rush of energy, sensing immense power gathered within that room. Staring blankly ahead in stunned silence I barely registered as the door closed again. Alone, in this temple of wonders I waited for further instructions, nervously fidgeting my fingers before me. Again those words from my mother began to almost silently slip from my lips, a whispering melody to be lost among the calm conversations of those around me. Lost in the dreamy memory of childhood I didn't notice the door open again behind me, meaning I jumped slightly as someone stepped out.

"(Y/n) (Y/l/n)?" The man questioned while standing in the door frame. I hesitantly nodded, briefly looking up at the man before back to the side. "The masters are ready for you now." The Jedi said while stepping to one side to allow me through into the circular room ahead. Again I nodded: this time in understanding, taking a deep breath as I took the first step in, letting my feet guide me to the centre of the room.

"This is the child?" A deep voice questioned from across the room as I heard the door close behind me.

"Mm, see through the force she can, great light I sense in her." Master Yoda said kindly from ahead to my right.

"But surely she is to old to train." Another male voice came from behind me, their words causing my heart to drop slightly within my chest. The comment was followed by various mumbling words of agreement around the room, only furthering my anxiety.