Chapter twenty-three

Third person pov

Many transporters flew back to the temple that day: troopers and Jedi alike escorting the injured back for medical attention, he last of which filled with the more critical cases. That last transporter held all those who'd witnessed the final battle with Dooku, Anakin, Obi-wan, Kaida and even Master Yoda. However the grand master was the only one fully conscious since the other Jedi had all received nasty blow during their fights, some being seen through a physical injury, and others in a darkness that surrounded their thoughts. The Jedi knight known as Kaida Starfallen sat crouched to the side holding a gash to her shoulder, though it appeared the woman's mind wasn't dwelling on the pain one bit but feather something far deeper. (Y/n)'a Master was not one for compassion or deep thought on past subjects, so when the grand master glanced her way he simply gave a somber look before returning back to the others.

The trip was near silent apart from the occasional remark from a trooper or whimper of pain from one of the male jedi in need of medical attention. Anakin Skywalker woke a total of three times during the trip back: however each time he seemed more and more disorientated, like the pain of loosing his hand was becoming to much to handle. However it wasn't a physical pain that afflicted Skywalker, no he was suffering from a phantom pain in his chest that only his loves presence could sooth. The young man couldn't u swear and what had happened, what Dooku had been discussing with his precious (y/n), or why he so suddenly couldn't feel her reassuring light in the force any longer. Anakin was growing desperate for answers, terrible thoughts that his love may have been killed tormenting his nightmares as pain lulled him in and out of consciousness.

"...w-where's (y/n)..?" The man managed to stutter out with a raspy breath during the flight, his sight unfocused yet he knew someone must be able to hear him. The girls master looked round, her sapphire eyes sharp and fiery as her lip narrowed into a flat frown. Those sad yet ferocious eyes met with those of master Yoda before staring back ahead at the grey metal door in silence while the green alien stepped forward.

"Rest, you need young Skywalker, discuss these matters on Coruscant we shall." Yoda stated while looking down at the young man who was trembling slightly in pain and worry. Anakin tried to protest but black spots where appearing in his vision once more, dragging him back down into his nightmares.

'(Y/n)...please be alright...I can't bare to live without your light in my life..'
he thought as he clutched the woman's smooth saber in his remaining hand, it's cold hilt holding a calm yet somber echo of her presence.

(Y/n)'a pov

I would not speak nor look up at my captor, if this is how my life is to go I will not give them the satisfaction of a reaction. Though my hands weren't bound and I was supposedly 'free' to walk around I still refused to move, not a muscle nor a word would leave me. That Sith from before, who I assume was Dooku's apprentice had joined me and my dear father on this ship, and that at least gave me a distraction. Currently I was trying to figure out who exactly he was and why his presence was so, familiar to me. Don't tell me I'm related to him as well...that would be so, typical, of my life right now.

"You don't look so good my dear, would you care for some food?" The count asked me while walking over from the cockpit, though I didn't look up nor respond.

"Master she's a prisoner not a pet." The young man beside my father spoke up while folding his arms over his black amour clad chest. I could feel Dooku's mood drop low at the comment, don't tell me he suddenly cares about my well being.

"She is my daughter apprentice and will be treated justly as such, we are not animals." The man stated rather harshly in response to the younger, which only seemed to further the build of tension in the room.