Chapter seventy seven

Ari's pov

"Whoa look out!" Master Skywalker called back as a whole load of rocks tumbled down towards the path we were on. My eyes widened as I looked up towards them, a gasp leaving my lips as I quickly tried to dodge some of the incoming rubble only to slip off the edge. Clinging onto the edge of the path with one hand I looked down over the edge which was a huge mistake, it was such a long drop down below. Before I couldn't panic however I felt Ahsoka clasp her hands round my wrist and pull me back up into the path as the dust settled around us. Couching I crouched on the floor and caught my breath giving her a grateful pat on the shoulder as I sat up.

"Master, we're alright this side are you okay?" I heard Ahsoka calling through the pile of rocks that now blocked out way. Getting up I walked over to join her being careful not to slip in the loose stones.

"Phew, well you two should head back towards the ship, be careful I'll meet up with you just as soon as I can." Anakin called back to me and Soka at which point I began to look around. This place, I felt like I'd seen it before. I'm not entirely sure but I got the feeling perhaps I'd been here once in my dreams. Ahsoka continued to speak with Anakin while I strode a few paces away, staring out at an approaching storm.

'Ari'

A voice suddenly called through my mind in a soothing tune. It was a feminine voice, one I felt I remembered from somewhere.

'Ari'

The voice called again from something in the distance, a light appearing to gleam at the far off point of its origin. Staring ahead I felt drawn towards the flicker of light, entrances and almost mesmerised by it in fact. I don't believe I've ever focussed on anything this much before in my entire life. Without thinking I began to walk along the path away from Ahsoka and towards that shimmering light, my sights fixed ahead as though I could look no where else and my feet driven by an overwhelming sense of curiosity.

"Ari where are you going? Master Skywalker said to go back to the ship." Ahsoka ran up beside me saying and though I couldn't see her face I knew she had a confused expression. How exactly would I answer without sounding crazy, I couldn't just say I was hearing a voice could i since she'd think me crazy. What am I saying, Ahsoka already knows I'm crazy.

"...I think something calling me, someone keeps saying my name and I think there waiting for me in that storm." I replied without looking round but instead raising a hand and pointing towards the inky black clouds while simultaneously giving a nod of my head in the direction of the light.

"Ari that doesn't sound like something you should be following...I think we should go back and talk to (y/n) about it." Ahsoka replied while setting a hand on my shoulder and gently turning me till we were facing again. Now I could see the concern in my dear friends eyes, the sight pulling me back to me senses a little. I shook my head and took a look down at the floor with a sigh.

"Sure, sure you're right we need to focus..." I replied with a more forced smile than normal. Something just didn't feel right, something deep down inside me was still telling me to follow that voice. However I also felt something else, an emotion I rarely felt when it came to my own well being.

I felt afraid.

Not so much of the voice itself, but a little part of me seemed to know that whatever I found at the sorcerer of that light would not be anything joyous. The force that surrounded it was ominous and foreboding, a thing I couldn't understand yet knew wasn't good.

"Well good, let's get moving then before that storm hits." Ahsoka proceeded to say while letting go of my shoulder and turning to head back down the way we'd first come. I however stayed stood staring out at those swirling dark clouds, my eyes fixed on that occasional glimmer of light.