Chapter forty six

The door clicked behind us after we entered the meeting room causing both of us to jump slightly. To not further anger Obi Wan both of us were walking further apart than usual, maintaining distance even a we sat to one side of the table. It felt like we were about to be interrogated...I surprise I can only be thankful it wasn't my master questioning us.

"Master, I'm so sorry, it was just a one time thing I promise you." Anakin spoke up through the awkward silence looking directly across towards his master as the man sat across from us. With his elbows on the table Obi Wan placed his chin in his hands and looked across towards us. He still had a displeased look in his as but remained quiet with that expression of deep thought he often wore on missions.

"Anakin we both know that's not true so please don't insult me by lying." Obi wan began by saying as he looked directly over towards his former padawan. Again I felt my anxiety rise up until I almost felt sick. My eyes lowered down to the table as I fidgeted and clasped my hands together in my lap.

"...we're so sorry master Kenobi..." I spoke quietly unable to meet the mans eyes as we sat there. Master Kenobi said nothing and only sighed in response.

"...You two, this is a dangerous game you're playing..." The man spoke quietly as though speaking to himself, a concerned undertone to his voice. He ran one hand back through his hair and looked between us both. "...how long?" He asked searching from an answer from one of us. In my anxiety however I didn't understand his question right away and just panicked not knowing what to say.

"It's just a lapse Master, nothing deep or personal." Anakin tried arguing and though it wasn't true it still hurt a bit.

"Anakin, please don't lie to me I know it's been going on at the very least since the battle of Geonosis...which leads me to believe it was going on on Naboo..?" Obi wan responded with another sigh as he tilted his head slightly phrasing the comment as a question.

"No it-

"Yes that's correct master Kenobi, we've been together since Naboo..." I responded before Anakin could attempt to lie again to protect our relationship. Turning my head I then glanced towards Anakin apologetically and offered a small sad smile. "I'm sorry Anakin...but we can't lie to master Kenobi..." I spoke while hesitantly placing a hand over his on the table. If we were going to go down, we'd go down together being honest.

"Thank you for being honest with me (y/n), I appreciate it a lot," Obi wan responded with a calmer voice than before though not enough to relax me completely. "Now I have a few things to say about this matter and you will both listen." He spoke in a more instructing manner like we were once again padawans and he was teaching us a simple lesson.

"Yes master."
"Yes sir."
The pair of us both replied in near unison while continuing to look his way. I could sense Anakin was nearly as anxious as I was. He really did care about his masters opinion, it was like getting permission from his father, very sweet-if it wasn't so nerve wracking. Again then at least he wasn't seeking my fathers opinion..,

"Right now, I don't want to know what goes on between you when I'm not around but I would like to remind you that the temple is full of security cameras as are the cruisers, and the pair of you need to be especially careful considering the public's eyes are on the war effort..,especially you Anakin," Obi Wan began by saying, casting his eyes to his former padawan for a brief moment. "If you two are caught together to often rumours will begin to spread amongst the general public and the council will grow suspicious...you both need to be incredibly careful and taking this very seriously, that is if this is indeed something serious?" Again the master trailed off in question while looking between us. Me and Anakin looked to each other and couldn't help but softly smile as our eyes met. The man gently lay hand atop mine and laced his fingers through mine giving it a little squeeze as he rose my hand from the table.