Chapter forty nine

"...How did we get into this mess again?" I groaned while staring up blankly through the darkness as I lay back in a defeated posture across the cells floor. My head was splitting - not just from whatever means I had been knocked out by but also the constant bickering from my dear cell mates. Here we were, three Jedi generals and a damm Sith Lord, captured my dammed pirates on a dammed planet where no one would come for us.

'Dammit'

Previously that day or perhaps the one before the three of us had landed on Florrum. Obi wan hadn't been to fussed by me joining them for the collection, which I appreciated. However I was following their orders. Let's just say I didn't want to argue any further with them, and I was trying not to push my luck since they didn't have to bring me. Though I really wasn't going to take no for an answer.

The rules where if stay quiet for negotiations, keep my good up the while me identity and just follow their lead. I was skeptical of this but at least it meant they'd take me - and I did understand them wanting me to keep quiet so the whole 'father thing' didn't speed across these pirates. If they knew it was likely they'd try something after all. So I was acting as an escort rather than a Jedi...which also meant i could keep a better eye on these pirates.

"Stay close." Anakin spoke quietly as the ramp lowered before us, his eyes remaining forward as sunlight began to stream into view. Giving a simple nod I stayed quiet, staying a pace behind Anakin as we started down the ramp through the rows of pirates whom had already levels their blaster to aim our direction. Now we'd agreed to arrive unarmed: which didn't sit well with me as I glanced round at all these blasters. Lucky I lack the trust to arrive without at least a dagger hidden in my boot.  Just hope I wouldn't need it...or get caught with it and jeopardise the entire transfer.  The second seemed more pressing right now as we approached what believe to been a Weequay holding a scanning device.

Before me Obi Wan and Anakin held their arms our, the devices squealing to show them to be clear of weapons. Then the pirate stepped past and approached me. I bit my lip under the covered darkness of my hood and hesitantly spread my arms out.

"Cloak off, the boss doesn't want anything hidden from sight." The private spoke in a gruff demanding voice causing my to further chew at my inner cheek. As if on instinct my eyes dashed over to meet Anakins, asking silently what to do. He also had a grin expression though did act on my behalf.

"Easy there...it's part of her religion to stay cloaked in the presence of others, i promise you my friend she has nothing to hide, she's but a simple translator nothing more." Anakin stepped in front of the man to say, holding a hand out before him as an indication to stop. I was impressed by his quick thinking, Anakin sure knew how to spin a lie.  It seemed he'd payed attention to me over the years, languages and culture where my specialties after all.

"Ka ka." I replied in twi'lek since I was sure that would be enough to convince these people of my skills as a translator. Not to judge but they didn't appear the brightest lot.

"Either way, I'll still be scanin' 'er," The pirate spoke back while rudely pushing Anakin aside and waving the device around me. Just as it approached my right boot I used the force to gently nudge it by so it wouldn't pick up the tiny dagger. I knew I should've gone with something crystal, I just couldn't bare the thought of kissing one of my more precious tools to these pirates. The Weequay pulled back his device with a huff and stepped round to the front once more. "Follow me." He spoke clearly in that gruff manner with a wave of his hand directing us towards a building complex. Keeping a step behind Anakin I crossed my eyes over the others as they dispensed to follow behind. I shuffled a little closer to Anakin casting my eyes back towards the pirates in a discrete manner.