Chapter thirty three

Oh my gods Anakin yes! Yes! Yes I most certainly will!" I exclaimed in pure delight while leaping forward and embracing him close, burying my face in his neck and kissing his cheek all while he gave a chuckle and wrapped his arms back behind me. Tonight I has most definitely that greatest in my life.

"You're surpassed to say I do," Anakin joked while raising a brow and he held me on his knee, gently tucking a strand of hair back behind my ear as his eyes softly met with mine. No doubt this was the man I wanted and would spend the rest of my life with. As I was staring with pure adoration and joy into my now fiancé's eyes I felt him pull his hand round and take mine, glancing down and then back up with a smile as he plucked the ring from its box. The beautiful crystals glimmered in the candle light as he gently slid the delicate silver band up my finger, securing it in place before looking back up to meet my eyes. "...I'm the luckiest guy alive to be with an amazing woman like you." He spoke so softly while reaching up and brushing away some of my joyful tears with his thumb.

"You're lucky? I'm the lucky one Anakin, being with you is like some kind of fairytale dream." I replied with a light laugh, getting up off his knee since I'm sure it wasn't comfortable and he felt as just being polite in not throwing me off. Anakin smirked and stood up, raising a brow at me as he placed his hands in his pockets again.

"What so I'm like you're Jedi in shining amour?" He joked with a chuckle while looking down at me teasingly. I rolled my eyes and flattened down my dress before admiring the ring that now shone on my finger.

"Well let's look at the facts shall we," I began while giving him a small smirk and raising my hand to count out my points. "One, you took the fall for me when we were kids, two when that guy at the clue tried to get funny with me you were there to stop him, three you treated my wounds from the Theed attack, four you were a true gentlemen during only time in the lake country and five, you went against the councils orders to rescue me from Dooku thus completing your epic quest as my hero." I spoke while practically able to watch Anakins ego grow, but he deserved it for once. My husband to be gave a smirk and stepped closer so he was towering over me.

"Well when you put it like that, maybe I deserve a little more appreciation..." He spoke softly with that same sly smirk as his crystal blue eyes shone down on me with mischief. My heart fluttered as his fingers ghosted over my arm, taking hold with a light grip while his other gloved hand brushed over my cheek.  As he moved anakins eyes never left mine, that ever confident smile remaining across his face as he took a step closer so that we were practically chest to chest.

"Maybe you do," I spoke softly as a smile lightly tucked up the corners of my cheeks in a warm manner, pulling my hands up and softly placing them on his jacket. I let my fingers intertwine with the material slightly, tugging at it as I felt his arms proceed to snake round my waist as I rose onto my toes and he in turn learnt down closer to my level. "...and maybe I'll indulge you a little after dinner, to show my undying thanks." I whispered softly while sliding my arms up to wrap around back behind his neck, fingers tracing through his hair and fiddling around with the soft threads. I saw his smirk grow, those dazzling blue eyes glancing down my body before back to meet mine.

"I look forward to it," he said with a spark to his eyes, his words a whisper of breath again my lips as he leant in and placed his lips upon my in a quick restrained kiss. Pulling away again he placed a light kiss on my cheek before stepping back again, fingers ghosting over my skin as he did so. I watched with curiosity as he turned to the kitchen counter, a smile lifting my lips as he picked up my gift.

"...you don't have to wear it...I just wanted to make you nothing personal." I spoke softly while watching him pick the band up and examine it once again within a light grip.