Chapter fifty two

"Padmè you really didn't have to drive me back, I was alright walking." I spoke up tiredly as we made our way through the early morning traffic of Coruscant towards me and Anakins apartment. It wasn't far at all, the tiring part was how early it still was. The sun wasn't even up yet but I'd felt like I should head back. Only some when along the way I must've woken Padmè because she'd insisted upon driving me.

"Nonsense," She spoke up seeming to have more to say but being interrupted by her own yawn. I chuckled a little and leant over to rest my head on her shoulder and pull my robe round her for warmth. "It was no trouble really, I needed to come this way anyhow." She replied, almost missing the turning off towards our apartment.

"At this our? Really? Come on Padmè admit you're just being protective." I chuckled while looking up to her face with a amused smile. She rolled her eyes while slowing the speeder down to stop outside the complex.

"Alright maybe you have a point, come on let's get you home." She in turn chuckled while getting out, offering me a hand as she turned back. Accepting her hand I smiled and pulled myself from the speeder, a happy content feeling in my heart as we approached the building. The lobby was still empty apart from the odd droid as we made out way to the lifts.

"Thanks for looking after me Padmè, for always looking after Anakin and I, you're a really great friend." I spoke quietly while glancing up towards her as the lift proceeded to move up through the buildings levels. The still delusory looking senator smiled at me and ran a hand round my shoulders.

"(Y/n) it's a pleasure honestly, you and Anakin are like family, I want to help you however I can and I promise I always will," She responded kindly with a warm glint to her eyes. The lift sounded with a ping as it came to our level, doors sliding back to reveal the long hall of doors. "Speaking of which.." Padmè began again as we exited the lift and headed along towards our door. I glanced back over my shoulder giving her my full attention once more. Well as full as it got at five
In the morning. "I'll give you a call later on with an appointment time for what we discussed, I know some people who may be able to do it off the books but it'll take a few calls to arrange," as she spoke of the abortion we came to a halt outside my door, standing around until the conversation was done. "Just be ready and try to avoid travelling off world until I know more. I promise I'll be as quick as I can."

"Okay, thank you, I'll make sure not to get assigned any missions for the next couple of days, shouldn't be to hard after my recent beating." I jokingly responded though I'm sure the gratitude was shown in my eyes. Then I struggled to stifle a yawn, my eyes closing as I leant of the door.

"You're welcome honey, now go get some rest and I'll speak with you later," The senator responded sweetly rubbing her hand over my hair before using a keycard to open the door before her. "Now shoo, go on, get some rest." She added ushering me into the room beyond.

"Alright alright, thanks for everything." I responded with a sweet smile, looking back as she gave a last smile and closed the door.

The apartment was complete quiet as I walked in further, anyone inside must've been asleep still. Heading to the kitchen I made myself a coffee before walking through into the living room and towards the large window. Staring out I watched as the sun began to wash the whole of the city beyond with a warm orange glow. It seemed so peaceful, tranquil even. The quiet was almost eerie, how you couldn't even hear the speeders passing by outside, and not a noise stirred within the apartment itself. Drifting into the hood of the force my eyes tracked a blacked out speeder through the air, a cold feeling sending a shiver down my spine just before it travelled out of sight.

"Huh...master you're back." I heard a familiar voice speak behind me, almost relieved it wasn't Anakin. Turning round my eyes crossed to the young teenage girl, offering her a small smile. I needed her light right now, and I could also sense she was the only one around.