CHAPTER 40. NICE TRY

With a loud thud, Lilith fell on the ground, hitted by something heavy and big. It was Jimin, he had finally reached her and stopped her run. She barked in surprise as she tried to get up to start running as far as she could but as she turned around she could clearly see Jimin throwing himself at her.

She knew that if she wanted to escape she had no other choice but fighting. In the moment Jimin was on her she started biting his paws and he reacted by biting her shoulder for then pinning her head down roaring into her ears.

J : "NICE TRY OMEGA"

L : "MY NAME IS LILITH"

With all her strenght Lilith got free from his pin and started fighting with him. She knew she it was risky but she wasn't afraid, she wouldn't run away. Not this time. She bit empty as she tried to bite him, the sound of their jaw closing, their growls and barks filled the air.

Jimin had to admit he underestimated her. He had assumed that being Omega, she didn't have to be too strong. But she was different. She had a strong enough anger to be able to fight him just enough to hurt him. He found difficulties to keep her at bay.

The two wolves fight for other two or three minutes before Jimin got really pissed. With an aggressive growl he bite Lilith, not strong enough to give her a serious injury, but strong enough to make her howl. Which she did. A loud, high-pitched yelp, enough to be heard by anyone nearby.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Malia immediately raised her ears on hearing that howl and, even if she didn't want to think about the worst, she understoods that Lilith was in trouble. Was she really? Malia hated herself for doubting that much on Lilith but they were so close to escaping. What she was going to do?

"Did you hear that? Was it Lilith?" Tora suddenly started questioning the wolf she was riding, knowing she couldn't answer her. She also couldn't know that that wolf was in struggle with her own thoughts.

"WHAT I AM DOING? AI I GOING TO KEEP RUNNING LEAVING LILITH BEHIND LIKE THIS?
WE'RE SO CLOSE...."

Another howl rose from the forest and Tora began to feel fear growing inside her. What if Lilith was suffering and asking for help? She couldn't just ignore her, Lilith was her bestfriend. "MALIA! STOP!" she screamed pulling Malia's fur not afraid of hurting her.

"I KNOW TORA! SHIT!"

With a big jump Malia changed her direction, running toward Lilith's howls of help. She didn't make too far before his path was hindered. Malia stopped brusquely knoking Tora down. She growled and raised her torso in order to seem bigger than that brown wolf who was now standing in front of her.

He didn't growl her back, he just stayed there looking at her as like studying her next move. Malia had realized that in front of her there wasn't Jimin as she hoped, but the other guy. So that was Taehyung's wolf, he was bigger than her but she was not intimidated.

Another howl, Lilith was asking for help and Malia was intented to reach her. She growled as she lowering her head and started walking on her right, always keeping her eyes on Taehyung who followed her with his gaze.

They starred into each other eyes and Malia understood that at some level, he didn't want to attack her. There was something else in his eyes, something that she couldn't read. The only thing Malia was focused on, was to keep Tora safe and pass this new obstacle.

T : " IF I WERE YOU, I'D BE A GOOD DOGGY AND GIVE UP"

Malia didn't answer. Instead she gritted her teeth showing her fangs without stop walking as she was trying to get closer to him in order to pass him without fighting. Tora's heart was beating fast, her body pushed against Malia's back, buried into her black fur.

She felt useless. She knew that if she had been able to shapeshift, maybe she and Malia could have brought him down. Together.

In that moment without any warning, Malia decided to run with it and jumped over the male wolf who read her movements and immediately intercepted her in midair. They both fell on the ground and Tora was parted from Malia. Her body layed still.

Few meters away the two wolves were fighting angrily, biting and scratching with their fangs and claws. Malia attacked with all her strenght and she was having the better on the other Alpha, pinning him on the ground with her body. He did underestimated her, but still, he managed to switch the role.

Taehyung took the chance to bite Malia's shoulder, making her yelp in pain as she climbed off him. He then stood up and gazed at her as she limped, shocked from the pain. It was then that he realized he didn't want to attack her. She was already defeated.

Malia turned her head towards Taehyung and growled lightly. His bite was deep and she was loosing a lot of blood which wetted her fur. All her left paw hurted as she limped, keeping the distance from him. In that state, she couldn't fight. It was over.

"I had to say this, nice try girls" a voice suddenly said.