CHAPTER 2. ROOMMATES

"MALIA FOR GOD'S SAKE WAKE UP WE'RE LATE"
Tora screamed out in her morning voice.
09.00 am. "UGH FUCK" grounted Malia and with that she threw herself out of her room.

"How many times do I have to tell you : ALLARM AT 6AM" Malia screamed while stuffing a pancake into her mouth. "I'm sorry I promise I'll be more careful next time! As a sing that I'm sorry, tonight I will cook!" Tora chuckled hugging Malia from behind. "Oh no".

Malia and Tora have lived together for almost three months now. They met four months ago, when Malia arrived as new student at the local university. She was 21 but she had to start from the first year. Tora lived in Korea for two years. She was a Japanese exchange student. She was 19 but she was already indipendent.

After two month they became best friends and most important their life radically changed. One night while returning from the cinema.

FLASHBACK

"That was awful sincerely" Malia chuckled along with Tora, thinking about the movie they just saw. "Yeah totally, I mean that was so fake!" they laughed together.

The road was empty, no cars or people, just the two of them and the sound of their laugh. Or so they thought. "SHH wait!" Malia stopped immediately shushing Tora who was not understanding "what? why?" but Malia covered her mouth with her hand. "I heard something" she whispered tensing more and more. 

The town was silent, no steps, no wind, nothing, and still Malia was sure they were not alone. Suddenly, a scent, a strong scent that put Malia in allert. There was someone there hidden in the dark., someone or something. There it is again. Only that now was clores than before. Malia took off her hand from Tora's mouth "okay now" Malia started but Tora's eyes were looking at something else "Ma..Malia" she whispered almost terrorized. 

When Malia turned she found herself in front of a creature looking like her but with a total different presence. She felt the anger, the grudje, the blood thirst, that was a creature who was there to kill. Without even the time to react Malia pushed Tora away as the creature engaged a fight with her, roaring and growling.

Tora on the ground was completely shocked in what she was seeing. Her roomates and friend was fighting against a two meter tall...man? What was that? And even if she heard Malia screaming to her to escape, she couldn't move, she tried but her body was just not responding. 

Noticing that her human friend was still there Malia after placing a powerfull punch on that thing face, turned and with her eyes glowing in red she ordered "GO" with a roar that made Tora shiver. Fortunately something clicked in her mind and in her legs too as she stood up and started running leaving the sounds of roars, scratches and other things that she didn't wanted to know behind her.

She didn't even made to the next crossroad that she heard a scream of pain and right after steps like if something was chasing her on four legs. Not even the time of turning that the creature was on her, stucking his claws in her stomach. No sounds came out from Tora's mouth, no breath, no tears, nothing. It was like she was being burn alive, the pain was all over her body as she could feel the cold blood running down her addome and legs till her socks were red. 

"TORA!" From down the stress Malia managed to stood up and she was running with all her strenght toward that enemy. The creature let Tora body fell on the ground leaving her there to die, now giving his attention to the other girl. Malia usually didn't do that in town, with all the risks, but this was a desprerate situation. She jumped and right before landing on that thing, her body change into a big dark wolf.

The creature evidentely wasn't excepting that since it was like he didn't know how to contrat the big wolf who was now about to cut his head off. It was just a question of second before Malia with a fluent moviment like she was used to do it threw the head of the creature away from his body who was now contorcing. 

There was no time to enjoy the victory and Malia turned immediately human for then running to Tora who was unconcious on the ground, blood all round her. Malia couldn't call an ambulance and Tora was losing too much blood.  In the desperation, Malia wouldn't permitted her to die in her arms like that. She knows hat was dangerous but she didn't have choice. 

From that night, Tora changed, her wound healed, and when she opened her eyes, they were blue. Since that night, Tora became Malia's Beta. Her first Beta. She was grateful than ever since that girl who knew her for only two month had saved her life without hesitation, her affection for her grew every day since then. Malia taught her all about their world.