CHAPTER 9. A NICE TALK

They didn't talk on their way to the library.

When the girls arrived, Laurent and Mark were already there waiting for them. Malia tried her best to avoid eye contact with Mark feeling his gaze on her as she guided Tora into the giant room.

The library was huge and ancient like the ones  you read about in fairy tales. The smell of old paper and books filled the air. Malia loved that smell. Mountains of forgotten books and pages were all over the room in a messy but ordinated way. In the middle a very large ancient rectangular table on which the two boys were leaning.

"So. We have important information about a very powerful pack. Actually it is the fearest pack in all our region." Started Laurent. "Bangtan Pack".

Malia looked at the brother in a confused way. "What about them?" she asked.

"They are very...very dangerous." responded he moving his gaze from Mark to Malia and Tora.

"From our research they are seven males. For now we could just identified their leader since he has criminal records." Intervened Mark grabbing a schedule from a drawer and throwing it on the table.

"His name is Kim Namjoon, 27 years old, Korean." Continued Laurent while Malia examinated the fascicle.

"Sweet mercy he's handsome af"  That was the only thing Malia could think in that moment before her brother's voice brought her back to reality.

"Unfortunately this is all we know about them. Just one thing is sure : we don't wanna bring their attention to us." He said looking at Malia. 

"We don't wanna a pack warfare. You both know what happened the last time we had enemies. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we don't want that." Laurent was looking both Mark and Malia ignoring Tora.

"Uhm sorry but...what excactly happened last time?" Tora felt stupid asking that question, but she wanted to help and she wanted to know more about her new family.

Malia was about to speak up when Laurent angrly cut her off .

"It's not something we talk about" he growl throwing a fiery gaze into Tora's eyes.

The Beta quickly gazed at the floor. She felt ashamed but suddenly calmed her self down feeling Malia take her hand.

"Now. Malia. Tell me about that possible Alpha you met." Said Laurent while getting confortable on a chair.

"Possible Alpha? You mean JK? When did you met him?" Asked Tora annoyed to Malia.

Malia ignored her as she started talking to her brother. "At first I wasn't sure about his true nature but after some events I think I was right. I smelled his scent more than once : first when I met him the first time Thursday noon; second time, Friday morning in front of our University, he was staring at me...no he was staring at.." She stopped and turned to Tora. "you".

Tora was confused, how could it be possible? She met Jungkook only after school so he couldn't know which University she and Malia attended. What was happening?

Laurent was now looking at Tora with his red eyes in an accusive way. "Do you know him? Hm? Is he a friend of you?" He didn't even let her answer as he angrly asked "What did you know about him? Do you said something to him? Did he said something to you? Hm?".

Tora nodded shyly her head. She could feel the pressure imposed by Laurent and she begun to understood why he was the main Alpha. "Yeah, I know him. His name is Jungkook, it's all I know". She also explain how they met in front of Burger King only Yesterday. 

She felt useless. She wanted to help them.

After a quick description of the young man, Tora blocked herself as she said "Tattoos...he had tattoos on his hand. Yes on his right hand".

"What about his tattoos?" asked Malia rasing her eyebrow like she had no idea of what she was refering to.

"Tattoos here in Korea are not seen well by people, only mobsters and other few have them. That means that our field narrows. Good Job little one!" Mark's voice got louder while he was talking letting a little of euphoria taking over.

Malia got excited too and she laughed giving Tora a big smile.

Laurent couldn't helped but feeling warm inside watching Malia's smile. When she was happy, he was happy.

"Well it's a start, we're going to do some research. Now. Who's hungry?" (L)