CHAPTER 26. NIGHT TERRORS

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO OUR PACK?"

"MERCY MY QUEEN PLEASE....AGH"

"PLEASE...NO....DON'T DO THIS"

"HELP, SOMEONE HELP US"

"NO PLEASE NO! AHG"

"AH!" Malia woke up in the middle of the night sweating and panting. She had no idea of time it was, but from what she saw out of her window it was early in the morning. "It was just a dream" she thought trying to calm herself down while putting her hand on the back of her neck.

She stood up and went to the window, scooting away the curtains so she could see outside. The sky had shades of black and blue, a sign that the night was giving way to daylight. A beautiful full moon was still visible and lighted up the landscape so that Malia could see the road from where her and Lilith arrived just some hours before.

"We need a plan...this is not gonna be easy.." Malia thought while gazing at the moon. She wanted to escape, she wanted to run to her brother and forget about that nightmare. "Laurent..." she sighed as she turned and went back to the bed.

Malia layed now in the bed, trying to fall asleep. But she just couldn't. Instead, she continued to turn over in the blankets, sometimes staring at the ceiling thinking of a way to make her, Tora and Lilith escape. " I will get you out of here...I swear".

She closed her eyes and forced herself to fall asleep. She tried for almost an hour but nothing. There was something bothering her. Screams. Lots of screams. She couldn't understand much but she was sure she heard someone naming a Queen. There were people screaming her name, they asked for mercy. Fear, desperation, anger. Malia felt overwhelmed by those feelings.

"Stop, please stop!" she whispered as she covered her ears. "Leave me alone!". She jumped off the bed and went to the door. Her hand still covering her ears. Her head was spinning so fast that she lost her balance and fell heavily on the cold floor. "STOP! PLEASE!". Pain started filling her body as she squirmed.

Suddenly a voice yelled in her mind "SAY MY NAME!". Malia moaned as her head started hurting like hell. "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME? WHO ARE YOU?" She asked with anger while trying to stood up. She was scared, and in the very moment she was on her feet and turned herself, she faced the mirror.

Malia was shocked by what she saw. There wasn't her reflection. In her place, a dark figure. It wore a cloak with a hood that covered half its face. The figure was very thin and was in an unnatural position almost as if it had fractured its bones over and over again. Malia stood there, her eyes and mouth wide open in shock.

Suddenly, from the figure's shadowy face, two eyes of an intense red glowed. There was a deep growl that filled the room. Malia was freezed in fear, her legs were shaking, her heart pounded hard in her throat and temples. Her breath was short. She didn't know what to do. She couldn't tell if she was dreaming or if it was real.

Finally she took courage and yelled "WHAT DO YOU WANT?". She realized that her voice was about to broke and that her eyes were wet. The figure didn't replied, but, with no notice it started laughing "Malia..". She freezed hearing her name. How could that thing know it? That was too much. She couldn't take it anymore.

She regained control of herself, trying her best to ignore the screams in her mind, making her eyes glow red. She clenched her fists and advanced towards the mirror. Once Malia reached it, with a powerful roar she punched the mirror that shattered into a thousand pieces.

Malia took a few step back and looked at the mess. The voices were gone and the mirror was broken in pieces on the floor. She suddenly felt like as if her legs could no longer support her body, her view blurred and her breath got heavier.

She felt so much weak that she didn't even have time to reach the bed that she fell on the floor, banging her head and thus passing out, but not before saying a word. A name. "A...sena".