CHAPTER 11. WENDIGOS

I was running as fast as I could following my scent back where my pack was.

I stopped.

What is this scent? I've never smelled it before. Ugh it stinks like death.

Malia was now confronting her self to a new challenge. She had to rejoin with her pack but that new scent sprang up in her a too strong curiosity.

She was about to follow that scent when she heard a desperate howl. It was her brother's howl.

LAURENT

I threw myself through the trees in Laurent's howl direction and with my surprise the scent was still there and it became more and more intense as I run.

I arrived at what seemed like an abbandoned human village and what I saw in front of my eyes was horrifying.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THOSE?

Malia starred at the scary creatures. She never saw one and she felt terrified. They were three.

Their body was about two meters tall if not more, very thin with long arms ending in claws at least 25 cm long. Their legs were like those of a deer and the same was true for their heads.

The head. A deer skull with huge branching horns from which hung what looked like scraps of skin.

The eyes were empty and dark and when they looked at you you could feel their evil.

The mouth was wide and fitted with long, sharp teeth encrusted with a dark red liquid. A rotten smell came out of it, as if meat was left there to rot.

Her pack was already involved into a fight against them but even if there were fourteen wolves, those creatures were too powerful.

Laurent and Mark were fighting side by side as always. They were covered in blood and schratches but they kept biting and charging at one of the three monsters. That's what they were.

MALIA WAKE UP YOU MUST FIGHT

I charged towards the  closer creature  joying my pack. They needed me...and I needed them. We were stronger together.

I bite that monster's arms and legs. While jumping to reach it's neck I didn't notice that clawed hand  that fell on me.

AHG DAMN IT!

My back hit a tree and I fell on the ground.

It hurts. I can't move. My view is blurring.

I..Laurent...Mark...sorry

She closed her eyes.

TORA POV

"AAAaagh SHIT" Tora bented on the floor in pain.

She felt like something had stucked in her chest.

"Agh, oh my God what just happened" She sled her self with confusion.

She was alone and now she was scared.

"I hope they are okay" Tora lifted her self up and just starred silent at the woods.

END

Malia was hitted bad from one of the creatures and smashed against a tree. She moaned loudly and staied still.

Laurent heard it and when he turned he just lost it. They had hurted Malia. They had hurted his little sister. He lost his reason.

Mark heard the lament too and was angry as ever.

They both growled aggressively and charged at the creauture who had hurted Malia. She was still there not moving.

Whit a powerful bark, Laurent ordered the pack to attack with them. He wanted to kill that thing. No. He wanted to destroy it.

It was a pity there were three of them lol.

Most of the pack joined Laurent and Mark but other members were stuck with the other two beasts. Six wolves against two of those creatures. Nine wolves against the last one.

The battle was furious more than ever. For as much as they attacked, they seemed not to scratch the creature and what was worst, they we're getting tired.

Cover in blood, hurted and exhausted, the Therian pack had never confronted such powerful enemies.

THERE MUST BE A WAY TO KILL THESE BASTARDS

Screamed Laurent in Mark's head.

(When they are in their animal form, werewolves communicated with telepathy.)

I WAS ALREADY WORKING ON THAT

Replied Mark while dodging a clawed hand crushing onto him.

OKAY LET ME TRY THIS

And with that Mark moved in front of a tree and incited the creature to attack him.

WAIT ARE YOU CRAZY?

Laurent tried to oppose but his friend's plan was already started.

As the monster turn to Mark he immediatly threw it self against him roaring in anger.

When the creature lowered it's head to gore it, Mark jumped away and the deer palk stucked into the hard bark of the tree.

It was their occasion. Now or never. Here and now. They would kill that thing.

LAURENT NOW GIVE THE ORDER

Mark was the only one who could tell Laurent what to do.

NUNC IMPETU

Ordered Laurent to his pack.

The nine wolves attacked all together biting and scratching, pulling and ripping off the flesh from that skinny body.

After few minutes finally it's head came off. The creature's body conterced for a while to then melt in a dense smelly liquid.

UGH DISGUSTING I COULD THROW UP RIGHT NOW

Mark was eble to vomit even when he was a wolf and in a middle of a fight.

DON'T YOU IDIOT THERE ARE TWO MORE OF THEM COME ON

With that Laurent and the other wolves went to help the rest of the pack.