CHAPTER 43. AWAKE

For the rest of the day, t'ill evening, it remained all quiet after the boys had left the infirmary, included Yoongi since Jin had thrown him out of bed and dragged him out by the collar of his sweatshirt . 

Lilith stayed next to Tora, sitting by her bed and sometimes standing as she wandered around the room. She sometimes held her hand, she fixed her pillow and, from time to time, she happened to fall asleep with her head resting on the edge of the bed.

There were times in which Lilith kept and eye on Malia, checking the bandages and cleaned her skin with some water and a cloth she found there. Without realizing it, she began to become attached to her, after all Malia saved her life and protected her several times in the last two days. 

She was about to fall asleep when the door opened. Lilith raised her head and immediately stood up putting herself in front of Tora's bed. "What do you want?" she growled to the person that just walked inside. 

"You really don't like us right?" Hoseok tried to sound cheery but his smile fade in the moment his eyes met Malia's body. "We just wanted to...well, I guess we'll just leave" Jungkook said gazing on Tora. For a moment Lilith felt almost guilty in seeing his sad dark brown eyes.

The two men were about to leave when she spoke "Fine! You can stay...for five minutes" she crossed her arms and went back to her spot next to Tora, keeping an eye on both of them as they advance. "So how are they?" Jungkook asked with a sort of  worried tone that made Lilith raised her eyebrow like she didn't believe he was sincere. 

"Tora? She's strong, they both are. They're okay" She replied with arrogance, as if it was obvious.  While the two exchanged some polite chat, since Lilith was trying to refrain from punching him, Hoseok turned and walked over to the bed where Malia was resting.

He took a look at her, she was a mess but still he thought she was beautiful. Her white shirt was ripped revealing her toned abdome, her gray sweatpants were smeared with blood all over the left side. Her hair was neatly combed yet, the red that stood out on the white pillow. 

His attention was captured by a question that Lilith had just asked his younger friend, right behind him. "What?" Jungkook replied as he didn't know what she was talking about. "I may be an Omega and whatever you think about me. But I'm not stupid, I can see the way you look at her" Lilith was serious as her eyes never left Jungkook's.

Jungkook was now red, he didn't know what to say to that girl who just discovered his little secret. After few seconds of hesitation he finally spoke. "I don't know what you're talking about" he tried to sound as serious and calm as he could but he couldn't control his heartbeat. "And that's why you're heart is about to explode" Lilith said with sarcasm raising both her eyebrows. Hoseok didn't say a word, he was just starring at his younger waiting for him to explain himself. 

When Jungkook gazed at the floor, Lilith got the confirm of what she was suspecting "That's right" she smirked scooting her gaze to Hoseok "And don't make me start on you" she rolled her eyes and pointed Malia with her head. 

"Me? What are you insinuating?" Hoseok asked surprise by her audacity while turning his body in her direction. Lilith was about to reply when a voice interrupted her.

"Yeah Lilith, what are you insinuating?" 

They all turned in the voice's direction only to find Malia holding up on her right elbow with her eyebrow raised and a little smirk on her lips. "So?" she shrugged her shoulder with nonchalance waiting for her to answer.  

Lilith walked straight to her and hugged her but then she scooted away as she felt unconfortable from what she just did. "How are you feeling?" she asked trying to change the subject. "That was weird but I appreciated it..." before finishing, Malia noticed that they were not alone "What are you two doing here?".

Malia looked at the two young men as they both stayed quiet, she could sense there was tension in the air but she didn't understood why. "I'm sorry, yes I'm fine and it's okay if you don't wanna tell me you little secret" she said in her playfull way. 

Hoseok couldn't help but smile. He walked around the bed stooding at her left never looking away from her green eyes. "We went here to warn your friend that dinner was ready" he lied. Malia looked at Jungkook and then Lilith with suspicious eyes and returned on Hoseok. 

"You know, my friend has a name" she paused as he replied "Lilith was it?" acting like he didn't remember making Malia smile. He felt like his face was on fire, he was blushing. Fortunately Malia attention was captured by something else. Her presence changed as she turned serious in the moment her eyes met Tora's body in the bed on her right, next to her. She was moving.

"Lilith!" Malia sat up on the edge of the bed and tried to get up. "Hey, easy" Hoseok spoke up when he saw Malia moving so fast. "I'm okay, don't worry just" she grounted while stooding up, her left shoulder still hurted, "I just wanted to see her" and she walked towards Tora's bed. 

She caressed her hand for then clunched it into hers. Lilith was leaned next to her best friend "Tora? you hear me?" she asked not too loudly. A deep breath came from Tora's body as she opened her eyes slowly. "Come on bae, open your eyes" Malia didn't feel the pain anymore, not now that she was sure Tora was okay. 

Tora opened her eyes and took a quick scan of her two friends faces "What are those faces?" she said almost whispering. In that moment both Malia and Lilith wrapped her into a tight hug "UGH, I...I CAN'T" she caught as they released her "damn both of you I was suffocating" she said playfully for then turning all serious in the moment her eyes met Jungkook's.

The tension was now even more palpable and Hoseok noticed that "Okay, time to eat, you girls are coming?". Malia shooked her head "I stay here, Lilith if you're hungry..." she was cutted off before she could even finish, "I'm not" Lilith said while moving on the other side of the bed right in front of Malia. "We're staying here".