CHAPTER 64. DISAPPOINTMENT

LATER THAT MORNING

"Okay, was it me or is my brother hiding something from me?" asked Malia addressing the two girls. Lilith nodded "No it's not you, there's something under and I don't know about you but... I would investigate" they looked each other in the eyes and then nodded together. "Tora are you with us?" Lilith asked aloud but received no answer.

"Tora?" Malia called her again, no response. The girl was curved on the phone probably writing a message and was ignoring all this surrounded her until the snap of Lilith's fingers brought her back to reality. "UHM WHAT?!" exclaimed the girl, turning her attention now to her friends who were staring at her. "Could you please paying attention?" scoffed out Malia annoyed.

"Okay so I'm going after my brother" she said turning her head behind her seeing the two boys walking slowly as they talked. "Hey, you two!" she called them for then addressing to the girls "I'll be back in a couple of hours, keep an eye on them, this is our house I don't care if they're alpha". She gave them a smile for then walking down the hall but not before saying a couple pf things to the young men.

"If I were you, I would behave" she growled showing her fangs and red eyes to them "If you touch them, I will kill you with my bare hands" she said without showing fear, not that she felt afraid. Jimin chuckled not taking her seriously "Did anyone told you how sexy you are when you're angry?" he smirked biting his lip making her growl more in anger as he provoked her. "Don't worry Malia, we will behave, we are not animals, are we?" Jungkook intervened grabbing Jimin's shoulder.

With a last look, Malia passed them, going straight to the library where she knew her brother and Mark would be. After a while she reached the door which as she imagined was closed, confirming that they were inside. He leaned gently against the wooden surface and concentrated on refining his sense of hearing. ""What am I supposed to do Mark?" she heard Laurent's voice, not as clear as she wanted but still.

Inside the library

"Laurent we already discuss this, you can't just keep lying to her. She'll eventually find out..." Mark sighted bringing a hand behind his neck. "I just want to protect her...I..." Laurent didn't dare to continue feeling his voice was about to breaking, he sniffed. Mark walked over next to his best friend "Laurent" he started but Laurent lost it again "I WILL NOT TELL HER; I DON'T WANT HER TO LIVE IN FEAR AND HATE" he yelled.

He took a deep breath "You are well aware of the hatred our species feels towards Queen Asena, I will not allow that hatred to fall on Malia just because she's her daughter and carries her curse" he said out loud breathing heavily gazing at the floor. Mark scoffed throwing his arms behind his head "So will you let the curse wear her down until she dies? Would you rather not tell her and lie to her again by letting her rot from inside her instead of giving her a chance at salvation? LAURENT IS YOUR SISTER FOR FUCK'S SAKE!" he screamed punching the table and kicking a chair who broke under his strenght. 

"SHE IS NOT MY SISTER MARK! SHE'S A..." He felt like he could cry anytime now.

It was in that moment that the door slammed open. The two young men immediately raised their head to the door and stop breathing. "Malia...". When he saw the disappointment and sadness in her big green eyes, his heart ached making him feel empty. Disappointment was worse than anger, that passed, but a disappointment like this made to his sister who trusted him more than anyone else in the world... would not pass that quickly.

Malia was looking at them with swollen eyes full of tears that were running like rivers down her cheeks, her lips trembled as did her legs as she stared at them unblinkingly. She opened her mouth slightly, but no sound came out despite the screaming inside her. She couldn't believe what she had heard just now; her? Daughter? Curse? Death? What were they talking about? She was just shocked that she had been hiding such a thing from her for twenty-two years.

"Malia" Laurent voice filled her head as he walked slowly toward her only wanting to hold her tightly. Like a reflex, Malia backed away shaking her head not believing it. The blind faith she had in her brother was completely gone, he felt as if there was a stranger in front of her. She turned and started to run as fast as she could, her sight clouded by too many tears relying on his sense of smell to find Tora and the others. She had to get away from there.

She ran crying again in shock until she collided with something, or someone. Jungkook grabbed her without letting her fall to the ground "Hey what the heck, are you okay?" he said chuckling before realizing the state in which she was the girl. "Woah woah is everything okay?" he said worried all sudden taking her by the shoulders in order to face her.

Malia looked up shaking her head "Where is Tora? Where are the others?" she asked in a trembling voice as Jungkook wiped away her tears with his thumbs. They had not become who knows what friends but in the past months he had grown fond of her and in any case, he did not like to see someone suffer. "Their right here, what happened?" he pointed behind him as she replied quick "I need to leave now".

Without adding anything he grabbed her hand and dragged her to the others. When Tora saw her, she rushed on her "Malia hey! Are you okay?" she asked worriedly. She had never seen Malia cry so something serious must have happened. "Let's go now." the girl said still in tears as Jimin and Lilith approached her. "I was starting to have fun" Jimin said sounding anything but amused.

Tora and Lilith gave him a look of pure hatred, "Instead of complaining, take her to the car, we'll prepare the bags, see you outside in ten minutes" Jungkook said and then looked at Tora who thanked him with big eyes full of feelings, so much that made him melt inside. Malia was crumbled on the floor in her arms, shacking and breathing heavily.

"Fine" Jimin sighted and with a fluid movement he lifted Malia holding her tightly in his arms, her body trembling and her heart pounding. "What the hell happened to you?" he asked now taking seriously the situation as he walked down the hall toward the main door. Malia didn't speak, she was trying to calm herself down focusing on her breathing and trying to settle the crazy thoughts in her head. Jimin had almost reached the main door when a voice roared behind him "WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?"