CHAPTER 10. ET VENARI

"What's for lunch?" Tora was impatient to stuck something under her teeth.

"Moose" answered Mark smirking while ruffling her hair.

"Haha very funny nerd. Now seriously What's for lunch?" asked the girl in a more serious way.

"I'm not jocking, we're going hunting and this will be your debut as true member of the pack"  continued Mark saying those words in a royal way.

The Hunt was an ancient rite of passage into the pack. It was the moment when a werewolf had to gained other member's and his/her Alpha's trust. They would hunt all together but the final kill belong to the new wolf.

"WHAT? HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO HUNT A MOOSE?" Yelled Tora at the two werewolves.

"Malia surely showed you how to shape-shift right?" Asked Mark as he already knew the answer.

Tora looked at Malia with her eyes wide open.

"Ehm actually I've never showed her...hehe" Replied Malia embarassed.

Mark scoffed as he bring his hand behind his neck. "Okay, Tora you stay here and watch us hunting. The next step is for you to learn how to shape-shift. Malia will trained you since she is your Alpha."

They both nodded and Malia was sursprise to her taking order from another Beta. But it was okay if that Beta was Mark, he was like a brother since they grew up together.

Twenty minutes later the entire pack was outside the mansion waiting for their Alphas to guide them in the hunt. There were at least fifteen Betas in the Therian pack. Fifteen is a big number for a pack of werewolves which normally would have like eight or nine members.

Laurent reached the three of them and in an authoritary tone he simply said "Let's go".

TORA'S POV

Tora was curious to see how they'd look once they had transformed into werewolves. She never saw Malia transformed so she couldn't know if she was actually a wolf or humanoid. But she was about to found out.

"EMUS VENADI"

Laurent screamd out making Tora's blood run cold through her veins. She also felt something else. She felt like she was suddenly stronger and she could tell that her senses had changed.

"So...this is the power of the pack" She mumbled smirking at the pack's member's back.

With her surprise they all beginning runnig together as one. But what she didn't expect was to see them jump and shape-shift into big wolves. She watch them disappeard into the woods while she simply said "amazing" to her self .

MALIA'S POV   (where there is italics it means that she's thinking as a wolf)

As I run with my pack I felt their spirits grow stronger with every passing minutes.

I missed this.

The pack advanced into the woods growling and barking as they followed their leaders.

After several minutes Laurent stopped and the pack did the same. They all smelled the air and the ground, looking for traces or scents to follow. Everyone did their part.

One of the member barked at Laurent who immediately went toward him for see if it was something interesting. Laurent didn't realized that Malia was not there.

I got a little further than the pack. I wanted cover a major area. Smelling the ground I found a scent.

BINGO.

From what I smelled it was a moose adult male. I howled to inform the pack o my position.

No answer.

With no hesitation Malia started running with her four muscular legs as fast as she can. And god she was really fast.