CHAPTER 15. RETURN

"Our...homeland? You mean from America?" Malia was shocked by hearing those words. "But how come I have never seen one of those things in all my life?"

Mark didn't know what to say. He was worried as much as Laurent who meanwhile was starring into space with a blank expression.

"Actually...we've heard about them from Nava the Wise back then...but...we thought it was some creepy story to tell puppies to scary them." He finally said.

"What...why you never told me such creatures existed? Wasn't I suppose to be prepared just in case? What else do you know huh?" Malia couldn't just accepted her brother to lie to her.

"As I told you, we thought they were a myth." Mark sighed. Laurent still silent.

"But..." he continued, "we understand that they were created to counter an even greater and more dangerous power that developed in the early dark times with Queen Asena."

"Yeah I know her story and her curse, but I don't see the point..." Malia was getting tired of them keeping secrets.

"The point is that you hav..." Mark got cut off.

"MARK ENOUGH" Laurent stormed out.

They freezed. The air got colder, a shadow loomed in the room. Laurent's eyes were red, his fangs and claws were showing. Puffs of condensed air came out of his mouth as he growled at his friend who immediately lowered his head under the power of the Alpha.

"Laurent" Malia walked slowly next him and take his hands into hers.

"It's getting late, you should go." He freed his hand and walked toward the library's door. "Your bags and your car are already ready."

Malia was about to cry but she limited herself to walk outside the room motioning to Tora to follow her.

About twenty minutes later they were at the front door, Malia with Tora and Mark.

"I'm sorry...he loves you, you can't blame him for trying to protect you." Said Mark looking deeply into Malia's eyes.

"Yeah well, he may be my brother...he may be wanted to protect me but from what? From the truth?" Replied angrily Malia.

"It's more complicated that it looks, trust me. Trust us."

Malia hugged Mark and whispered to his ear "I trust my pack". She then broke the hug and started to walk toward the car "See you Mark, love you."

"I love you too"

"So, this was fun! See you nerd, you know I love you" Tora smiled at him as he rolled his eyes and replied "See you little one".

They both entered the car and Malia started the engine. She looked into the rearview mirror as she drove away from the mansion.

It was half past seven in the evening.

TIME SKIPPED (sorry I'm lazy)

It tooked another two hours for them to return in Hamyang.

They were exhausted and Malia was still in pain. Her back hurted the whole trip as well as her chest, Anyway she didn't complained or anything as not to worry Tora.

Finally the girls were about to entered in their appartment when.

"OW...Malia why did you stop?" Tora crashed into her back.

"I smell something...stay here." And with that she went straight to their door.

"It's open"

Malia tooked a few steps back, she didn't want to risk. She pulled a pistol from the inside pocket of his jacket.

"OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL" Tora scream out not knowing she had a pistol this whole time.

"SHUT UP" Malia growled.

She turned to the door and she kicked it. The door slammed as Malia pointed the gun inside their appartment and...

"Damn girl calm down" A stranger's voice filled the room.

"Who are you?"Asked Malia looking at the girl with stern eyes.