Chapter 73

"I'm just going out with Tony and a few of the guys for a couple hours" Jace said over the phone.

"No drinking and driving right?"

"Of course not, I'll come over when it's all done and we can go night swimming" he said smiling over the phone.

"Okay" she murmured.

"Bye love you."

"Love you too, bye."

Blake hung up and turned her attention back to Chris who was wiggling his eyebrows at her.

"Oh stop giving me that look" she laughed.

"What look?"

She narrowed her eyes at him as he laughed loudly.

"Come on Blake! You said you would teach me to skate a while ago!" Jack whined from the doorway.

"Okay I'm coming, I'm coming!"

Chris followed after them with Sparrow trailing behind him and Blake didn't bother putting any shoes on her feet since she hated wearing them during the summer. She wore sweat shorts and a cropped tank top rested on her upper half as her hair was up in a ponytail due to the heat outside.

Chris fixed Jack's helmet and sat on Blake's steps with Sparrow as she held Jack's hand guiding him on the board.

This lasted a while until Jack began turning red.

"Let's get you inside before you turn into Larry the Lobster completely" Chris chuckled.

Jack took his helmet off revealing his sweaty helmet hair and walked inside so Blake could get them some ice cream that was in the fridge.

"So I'm assuming you and that Jace kid are good?" Chris asked as she handed him his ice cream.

"Yeah, really good."

She took the whipped cream from under her arm and squirted some on Jack's ice cream and then her's.

"Thanks B!"

She ruffled the young kids hair and tucked her legs underneath herself.

"So have you done anything so far this summer?"

"Went to a beach house with some of Jace's friends, um skated around here and that's really it."

"You haven't went in your pool yet? Your mom had it cleaned weeks ago."

"No not yet, me and Jace are going swimming tonight though."

Chris nodded and looked at Jack who was invested in Spongebob playing on the screen.

"Do you mind if we use it now?"

"Go ahead, I'll stay out of it though. I don't like chlorine in my hair and I don't want to shower twice today."

"Then we will go in next time we are over" Chris smiled.

"Fine by me."

"I still don't know how to swim though dad!" Jack whined.

"You haven't taught him how to swim yet Chris?!" Blake faked gasped.

"I haven't had the time, Katherine nor his mother are big swimmers and he doesn't want to go to swimming lessons."

"Looks like I have to do all the work around here" Blake joked. "I'll teach you how to swim too, next time you come over."

"Really?!"

"Sure, then after you're a pro we can see who can do the better cannon ball" Blake said with a tiny smirk.

"Oh you're on!"