Chapter 55

It was now Christmas. Everyone who celebrated Christmas were ecstatic that they are able to open presents up. Parents got to smile at their young kids to see their faces glow from what Santa had gotten them this year.

It was overall a beautiful holiday that everyone loved. If you lived in a state that snowed, you always wished for a white Christmas almost every year. But for some odd reason it just never snows on Christmas Day.

But of course, the one year Blake wasn't celebrating at all and her dad was no longer alive it had began to snow on Christmas.

She remembers last year her dad sighing along with her as they stood outside, snow from a few days prior still laid on their lawn and along their neighborhood. He looked down at the disappointed look on her face and said "next year it will snow! We will have a snowball fight when it does!" She got excited at his voice and her eyes began to water a little at the memory after knowing her dad worked his magic up in heaven and let it snow for her this year.

She stepped outside, to take Sparrow out and she formed a little snowball before throwing it up in the air.

"Merry Christmas dad, I miss you."

Blake waited until Sparrow was done and brought him back inside.

"Good morning Blake" London smiled at the teen girl.

Blake only nodded towards her and walked upstairs with Sparrow trailing behind her.

She locked her room door shut and jumped in bed with Sparrow. Sparrow whimpered at Blake and laid his head on her stomach making her smile sadly down at him.

"I'm sorry I'm sad today buddy, I don't mean to bring your mood down."

She pulled out a new bone she got him and he began wagging his tail at the sight.

"Merry Christmas buddy."

He took it from her and began chewing at it as she looked out the window with the snow falling slowly.

Meanwhile, the Winter's family all sat in matching pajamas as they finished opening up their gifts. They all loved what they got and all of them were excited to leave for Disney tomorrow. They also spent about ten minutes beforehand enjoying the first white Christmas they have had in a while.

"Did you not like what you got?" Tammy asked Jace.

"What? No I loved all of it. I'm just thinking about Blake."

Tammy smiled sadly at her son and he looked over the things he had gotten.

"She's a tough girl Jace, she can handle today."

"I know she can but how much can she really handle until she breaks? I already saw her cry once and it broke my heart. I can't see her cry again."

"If and when that day comes, you will know what to do."

Jace nodded and grabbed his phone and his stuff before walking up to his room. He called his girl and it rang a lot before she answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi baby, Merry Christmas" Jace beamed over the phone.

"Merry Christmas Jace, what did you get?"

"I got a ps4, some socks, a fifty dollar gift card to game stop, new hoodies, and a few games for my ps4."

"That's pretty cool."

Jace went to ask what she got but stopped himself from sounding stupid, he nearly forgot.

"Well I'm gonna let you go, enjoy the day with your family."

"Wait, we can't talk a little longer?"

"Your family is the type to have things planned throughout the entire day, you're wearing matching pajamas aren't you?"

Jace turned red at her knowing that and mumbled a yes.

"Exactly, have fun though. I'll see you before you leave tomorrow."

"But we are leaving at like two a.m."

"Exactly, I'll meet you at the airport."

"But you don't know what gate."

"I bought the tickets dingus."

"Oh right."

She laughed with a snort making his smile widen.

"Bye baby."

"Later skater."

She hung up first and he tossed his phone on his bed after texting Tony a Merry Christmas and went back downstairs.

"J look!"

Michelle showed Jace her new dolls that she wanted and he smiled. She may be nine but she really loved her dolls.

"Do you want to play with me?"

"Maybe later Elle, ask Gracie or Avery. I was going to hang with Collin."

Elle frowned making Jace pick her up.

"How about this, if I hang with Collin right now I'll play with you on the plane tomorrow and take you on every ride you want at Disney."

Michelle's eyes brightened at that.

"Okay J! That's a deal!"

They shook each other's hands before she marched back to her room making him laugh to himself.

The rest of the day they spent laughing, eating and enjoying the day together. They were all excited for their trip and had put all their bags in the car the night before.

"Okay guys! Everyone to bed!" Tammy said as it was only eight.

"It's way too early for me to sleep" Collin grumbled.

"Yeah well our flight leaves at three forty seven and we have to be up and out the door by two fifteen! So everyone get a move on!"

Slowly but surely everyone made their way up to their rooms to sleep a few hours before they had to get on a plane.

Jace texted Blake a goodnight and to see her in a few hours before falling asleep at the thought of her.
———
1-19-21