Chapter 76

Blake sat in her second study hall today bored out of her mind.

Since she doubled up her classes her freshman year at her old school, all she had to take was a math class, English class and history. She had math first but has a study hall before she has English with Jace. She has history with him too but once she finished history she is able to go home.

Deciding not to stay in the lunchroom, she left and began wondering the halls aimlessly.

"What are you doing out of class Blake?" Mr. Reed asked her.

"I have a study so I'm just wondering."

"You're supposed to stay in the cafeteria all period."

"I got bored."

He gave her a look and she rolled her eyes, adjusting her mask.

"I'm not harming anyone by walking here all alone."

"No but for safety measures students are supposed to stay in their classes all period."

Blake groaned and she began walking back to the lunchroom with the principal trailing behind her.

"I can handle getting there on my own."

"Just making sure you will show up."

She rolled her eyes at that.

§

Jace rubbed Blake's thigh under the desk as he watched her take notes.

"Pay attention" she grumbled to him as she nudged him with her elbow.

He only gave her a look before writing some notes and going back to rubbing her thigh under the desk.

"Bubba?"

Blake hummed quietly as the teacher continued going over the slideshow notes.

"Pay attention to me" he murmured.

"We are in class you dingus" she said quietly.

He gave her a look and she sighed before scooting over towards him a little bit.

"Scooting closer isn't giving me your attention" he said softly.

"Excuse me? Jace and Blake do you mind sharing with the class what you two are whispering about?"

Everyone turned to look at them and Jace rubbed his neck sheepishly.

"He didn't finish the last slide notes so he was asking for them."

The teacher gave them a look and Blake arched her eyebrow. "Are we going to continue or you going to carry on staring at us?"

He grumbled under his breath before going back to the slideshow. Blake elbowed Jace again and he kissed her shoulder softly.

The rest of the class Jace wouldn't stop staring at Blake or touching her thigh. She kept pushing him off her but he just gave her a small kiss on the shoulder through his mask before doing it again.

"Why were you doing that?" Blake asked with a groan.

"I wanted your attention" he beamed at her.

"You couldn't have waited until class finished?"

He shook his head and she groaned once more, heading towards the office.

"Where you going?"

"I'm going home, I have no more classes the rest of the day."

Jace frowned at that.

"But, we can hangout during our study halls or something" he murmured.

"School ends in two hours, you'll live."