Chapter 68

"Mom! It's so much!"

Tammy sat staring at her son ramble on about the fight he had just had with Blake as he paced back and forth in front of her.

"What do you think?" Jace asked her.

"Ummm.."

She played with her wedding ring and Jace sat next to her.

"Please be honest, whose fault was it?"

"From what you told me, and my perspective it seems like your fault honey" Tammy sighed.

"But how?!" he grumbled as he threw his hands up in the air before they fell back on his lap.

"Jace you got mad at her for really no reason yesterday, if Taylor made you mad then you shouldn't have taken it out on Blake. Then today Taylor caused another fight, Blake's right if you say you hate her but talk to her here and there then you don't actually hate her. You wouldn't willingly talk to someone you hate."

Jace sighed, now realizing that he was in fact in the wrong and Blake was only defending herself.

"I screwed up didn't I?" he mumbled.

"I don't think you did, couples have fights and you two just so happen to get your first and second one out of the way. It's what makes you stronger as a couple."

Jace nodded and rubbed his face, he wanted to wait until Blake and himself have calmed down before he tries talking to her.

After his family had eaten dinner he kissed his mom on the cheek goodbye before leaving to Blake's house to fix his mess.

He knocked on the door, becoming anxious as he wiped his hands on his sweatshirt.

"What?" Blake asked rudely as she opened up the door.

Her hair was up in a messy ponytail and she wore sweatpants and one of her dad's old shirts that still smelt like him.

"I came here to apologize" he said quietly.

She crossed her arms over her chest and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Well?"

"I'm sorry for saying the things I said to you. My mom made me realize that it was my fault for our fight and I am sorry for arguing over nothing. I blocked Taylor, I won't have anymore contact with her because I don't want to have another fight about her with you. Do you forgive me?"

"Sure why not, this argument was pointless. But my anger towards you is still slightly there."

Jace smiled and he brought her into a hug, enjoying the feeling of her in his arms.

"I really am sorry baby, I love you."

"I love you too" she mumbled into his shoulder.

He let go of her and he smiled down at her slightly.

"Can we go cuddle now?" she asked him.

He absolutely loved when she showed her soft side to him.

"Of course."

He shut the door behind them and she led them up to her room where Sparrow laid biting at his bone Blake had bought him.

Blake jumped into her bed and Jace climbed in after her, pulling the girl up onto his chest.

"I have a question for you" Jace said.

Blake hummed as she picked the lint off his hoodie.

"Do you want kids when you're older?" Jace asked her.

He honestly had no idea if she wanted kids, he really wants kids when he is older. He would also love for them to be with Blake, if things work out in his favor.

"Yeah, would you?"

"Me too, how many?"

"Maybe like two."

Jace hummed, he wanted five.

"How many would you want?"

"Five."

"Five?! Your wife is sure going to be busy" she laughed.

A little pain shot through Jace's heart and he held onto Blake tighter to get rid of the feeling.

"Before my dad died, he told me to tell stories about him so they can know who their grandpa was."

Jace smiled down at Blake, he was proud at how far she has come since his death. She isn't as sad as she was when talking about him.

"I'm sure they will get to watch all his movies, videos, listen to his songs and interviews and see how amazing he was."

Blake smiled at that, "yeah, it's too bad they couldn't see how much of a great person he was outside of all that. He wasn't as professional, he was more goofy around me and mom. I just wish they got to see that."

"I'm sure they will be glad with what they have."

She nodded and sighed pulling the blanket up to her chin.

"I can't wait to travel the world" she whispered.

Jace frowned and looked down at her sparkly eyes.

"Really?"

"Yeah, me and my dad always talked about it. I can't just let it go to waste, I'm going to become big someday."

"I'm glad baby."

He kissed her forehead and rubbed her back softly.

No matter how selfish he wanted to be and how he felt hurt about her words he was glad and proud of her. She had her mind set on becoming famous and he knows she can do it. She has the talent to become a singer and photographer. He really couldn't be more proud of her. It would just suck to be away from her but as long as she would be happy he would be okay with it.

All he ever wanted now was for her to be happy because in his eyes, she deserved it the most. Especially after everything she has been through.
———
2-23-21