Chapter 35

The day before Thanksgiving break, everyone was excited for the five day break from school. It was November twenty-second and Thanksgiving was in two days. It seemed as if everyone in the school was practically jumping with joy for a small little break, and a holiday in two days where they can eat countless amounts of food.

Except Blake.

She has been more moody than she usually is at school ever since her fight with Jace. She hated to admit it but she did have a small crush on him which frustrated her, but it didn't help that he had said that her mother doesn't love her anymore. Which led her to believe that her mother did in fact not love her anymore.

Blake has tried talking to her mom but her mom kind of kept the conversation very short and one sided before quickly walking away. It made Blake feel a sad weight land on her already broken heart.

So with Blake being extra moody, the slightest things make her snap. The other day, some kid accidentally walked into her, she hit him and got a detention. Then she skipped a few classes, got a detention for that, talked back to teachers, got detentions for that. She has had five detentions within the seven days of school after the fight with Jace.

Jace watched as Blake glared at anyone who got too close to her and sighed. He could tell she was going through a hard time, she was never one to express herself but a weight of guilt was on his shoulders knowing it was partially his fault.

§

When the school day finished, the principal smiled at Blake for not causing any trouble today and wished her a happy holiday with a look of pity shining in his eyes. She didn't need the pity, she was perfectly capable of having a decent holiday under the circumstances of her father not being there for the first time on Thanksgiving.

She jumped in her car and sped off to her house.

"Hey mom" Blake smiled at her mom.

Even though it was a tiny smile, she was still trying.

"Oh uh hey."

"How was your day?" the purple haired girl questioned her mom.

London had her purse in her hand as she grabbed her keys.

"Fine, I'm heading out with London."

Susie left and hurt shot through Blake's body at the lack of response from her mom. She stared at her tattoo on her forearm before letting out a shaky breath.

She hated to say it but she missed having Jace around when it came to moments like these. It sucked the last ten days without any sort of communication with him. She hated having him come up to her and try conversing with her when she first started at the school and now she missed it. Blake hated the feeling and wanted to smack herself.

She sat on the couch after changing and just stared at the black screen on the tv. She didn't bother turning it on and when there was a knock on the door she groaned while getting up.

"Jace?" she questioned.

"Uh hey, can I come in?"

She reluctantly let him in, still angry at him for saying what he said. But it was slowly fading only because she missed him. She would never say that out loud though.

She sat down on the couch and he awkwardly followed after her.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said what I said to you. It was way out of line and it was incredibly disrespectful of me to say that. I was just very angry but I promise you I won't ever say anything like that again. No matter how mad I get."

Jace hoped she would forgive him. He missed talking to her and he missed just being around her.

"I'm still mad at you, but I forgive you I guess."

Jace smiled and she played with her rings.

"I noticed you had wrappings on your hands the other day, are you okay now?"

She nodded and Jace itched to hug her again.

"Can I give you a hug?"

"No."

"Oh, okay."

He glanced around her living room uncomfortably and stared at the pictures of her dad. He wished he had got to meet her dad. Not just because he was his favorite actor and singer, he just wanted to be able to meet the guy who raised such an amazing girl. He wanted to be able to see the side people didn't get to see in the public eye. He wanted to be able to eventually ask him if he could date his daughter.

"You can leave now" Blake said as she leaned back on the couch.

"Wha-what?"

Jace was confused as she grabbed the remote and switched it to Netflix. She just said she forgave him. Why was she kicking him out of her house?

"You heard me. You can leave now" Blake shrugged as she clicked on her account, her eyes flickering over to her dad's account that hasn't been touched since he passed beforehand.

"But why?"

"I'm still mad at you, I said that before I said I forgave you."

Jace furrowed his eyebrows together and she clicked on unsolved mysteries on Netflix. She's been wanting to start this show.

"But you forgave me."

"And? You told me my mother didn't love me. I'm still mad so you can take your leave."

"But I said sorry."

The teen girl shrugged and paused the show as she stared up at him with her arms crossed. Just because she forgave him doesn't mean she forgot what he said. Jace's guilt didn't help though.

"You seriously want me to go?"

"Yeah."

He sighed and casted her one last glance before walking towards her front door.

"Oh and Jace?"

He peeked his head in the room with hope filling inside him.

"Make sure you turn the hallway light off before you leave, thanks."

Blake faced her attention back to the tv before she could see Jace's face fall. He turned the hallway light off and shut the door behind him quietly.

"How'd it go?" Tammy asked her son as he entered the house.

He grumbled in response and tossed his keys on the counter as he sat down on one of the island chairs.

"Did she not forgive you?"

"Oh no she did, but she is still mad at me and told me to leave her house. This is so frustrating! Why couldn't we just be back to normal?"

"You know why Jace" his mother sighed.

He groaned and hung his head low.

"I think I blew it with her mom, I'm never going to date her ever."

"You will eventually."

"By that time comes I'm going to be thirty."

She rolled her eyes and took a sip out of her coffee.

"What you said was cruel, you have to give her time to move on from it."

"But I did give her time!" he whined loudly.

"She forgave you, that's a step. You need to give her more time than you already have. She lost her dad, sweetheart. It's not something she can just brush off seeing as she only has her mother left."

Jace sighed as his mother left the room.

He had to be patient.
———
12-2-20