Chapter 46

Monday came around making Blake disappointed. She really hated Monday's like every other person in the entire world.

"Alright class! Today I am your substitute teacher, your teacher had made a... leave of absence for the rest of the year so I will be here until they find a new teacher" Ms. Melon smiled.

Blake slouched in her seat and drew random things on the old desk as the substitute took attendance.

"Blake?"

Blake raised her hand and the teacher nodded at her before she put it back down. She blew a bubble and it popped loudly.

When class was over, she couldn't handle the rest of her classes. So she planned on ditching school.

Jace stood panting outside her classroom first period and she rolled her eyes at the jock.

"You know you don't have to keep doing this" she said as she intertwined their fingers.

"I'm aware, I want to though."

She rolled her eyes once more and they stopped outside his next class.

"You don't have to the rest of the day, I'm skipping."

"You'll get a detention."

"So? I'm not going to college" she shrugged.

He narrowed his eyes at her and she played with his hoodie's zipper.

"I'm not feelin it today, I'll see you after school."

"Let me ditch with you then" he said as he flashed her a smile.

"No, you want a scholarship. You haven't had a detention yet so I'm not allowing you to get one."

He groaned and the first bell rang.

"I'll just see you after you get off work" Blake said and scratched her temple.

"Okay, bye baby."

Blake sent him a tiny smile before giving him a kiss goodbye.

"Wait one more" he pouted.

She gave him a tiny snort before pecking his lips one last time.

§

Jace showered after he finished work and looked at the unread texts from Blake.

He groaned and rubbed his tired eyes. Today was a busy day at his work and his uncle kept him moving the past four hours.

"Jace?!"

"Yeah?!"

He stood silent for a moment and groaned when his mom didn't answer back.

"What mom?!"

Still no response so he walked downstairs.

"I said what!"

"Do not raise your voice at me" she scolded.

He groaned and sat on one of the island stools.

"What?"

"I need you to pick Avery up, she's at cheerleading tryouts."

"Why can't you do it?" he asked.

"Because I am making dinner."

Jace grumbled and grabbed his keys before going to pick his sister up.

He walked in his old middle school and walked straight to the gym where people who were trying out were packing up their stuff.

"Ugh you came to pick me up?" Avery asked.