Chapter 59

Jace's family walked through the door the following day with their suitcases. Sparrow wagged his tail and Blake gave them all a small smile.

"Welcome home!"

They all gave her a hug, which she stiffened at, as they thanked her for the trip once again.

"We brought you guys candy!"

Jace peeked in the bag of half eaten candies. He grabbed a piece for him and Blake as they both began chewing on it.

Blake swallowed it but almost immediately began to grow hot.

"Uh, what was in that?" she asked.

"Caramel, chocolate, and peanuts."

Jace's eyes widened and he shot his head to his girlfriend as she began growing pale, her tongue starting to swell and her throat starting to close.

"Blake's heavily allergic to peanuts!"

Everyone stood shocked as Blake's hands and legs began growing numb.

The family quickly moved fast and Blake began getting extra hot, now having trouble to breathe properly. She fell but Jace was quick to catch her and carry her to the car.

He held her closely as he watched her gasp for air, worry written all over his face.

"Dad drive faster!" Jace snapped out at his tiredly yet worried looking father.

He held Blake tighter, her eyes glancing at Jace's as she gasped for air. It was the first time that he has ever seen her eyes so panicked and scared, he didn't know what to do.

"A little longer baby, okay?"

Her eyes began rolling at the back of her head but he tapped her face.

"Keep those pretty eyes on me okay?"

Blake tried focusing on Jace but she felt her body slowly starting to shut down as her vision grew fuzzy. She couldn't feel any parts of her body and air was almost impossible to get into her lungs. She felt defeated.

"Baby come no!"

The next ten minutes went by in a blur. They wheeled Blake away rapidly, Jace yelling at the doctors for making him stay away from Blake as his dad held him back.

Jace sat there, staring at his shoes waiting impatiently for anyone to give any news. He ignored his family's attempts to try and talk to him, to try and give him hope. But he never glanced or spoke to them. He tried calling Susie but her phone went straight to voicemail, knowing she is working right now.

Meanwhile, Blake laid on the hospital bed as the doctors worked rapidly on her.

But she had a vision.

"Dad?!"

Blake ran to her dad and hugged him tightly, starting to cry.

"Hi princess" he said softly.

He stared down at his daughter, incredibly proud on how she looked within a year.

"You're so beautiful Blake" Adam said softly.

Blake only smiled and pulled him back into a hug.

"Are you here to stay?" Blake asked him.

"You know I can't stay princess."

Blake frowned at that and looked at her dad sadly.

"Why not? I miss not having you around."

"It's not your time to be here."

"I don't care! I want to stay."