Chapter 34

"Mom I messed up."

Jace's mom, Tammy looked at her son who wore a guilty and sad look on his face.

"What did you do J?"

"I said something horrible to Blake, I didn't mean to it just came out because I was so angry. She looked so sad, I hope she doesn't believe it" Jace sighed.

After he got in the car it was a completely silent car ride. The minute he parked the car all his siblings rushed inside and to their rooms.

"Well, what did you say?" his mom questioned him as she sat next to him on the bar stool.

"I sorta, might have told her, that her mom doesn't love her" he mumbled.

His mom back handed him in the back of the head and he whined.

"Ow! What the heck!"

"Why would you say that?!" she asked him loudly as she hit him with a dish towel over and over again.

"Stop hitting me woman!" he groaned as he stumbled out of the chair.

"Do not call me woman boy!"

"Sorry mom" he mumbled like the mommas boy he was.

"Why in gods green earth would you tell her that her mother doesn't love her?"

"I don't know okay! I just know that her mom and her haven't been as close since her moms friend moved in and she just kept saying stuff to me and it just came out."

His mom sighed and Jace frowned.

"I don't know what to do ma, the look on her face after I said it broke my heart."

Tammy could tell that her son was completely in love. She really didn't know what to tell him.

"I say just give her some space, she clearly been through enough with her father. Just wait to talk to her, let her cool down."

He sighed impatiently but nodded. He then called everyone down to the living room.

"Do you know how I told you Blake is the daughter of Adam Sterling?"

They all nodded even though his siblings already knew what he was going to say.

"You guys can't tell anyone, if the word gets out her lawyer will sue us. Adam clearly kept it a secret so we have to respect that secret."

They all nodded and Jace focused his attention on Gracie. Gracie could not keep a secret, she always ended up saying it without even meaning it half the time. That's why no one trusted her with secrets.

"Especially you Gracie, you seriously can't tell this secret. Even if you accidentally do, play it off as a joke. No one can find out, okay?"

"I promise I'll try my hardest to keep it in."

And she meant it. She knew Jace really liked Blake, she also didn't want her parents to have to pay so much money. She didn't want to screw it up.

"So no one says a word?"

They all agreed and went back to what they were doing.

Meanwhile, Blake sat in her room very still. She replayed Jace's words in her head on a loop until she truly believed her mother really did not love her anymore.

She couldn't help but believe his words. Her mom covered up their matching tattoo together, she hardly talked to her, didn't care if she was home or not ever since London came to live with them.

Her really only family left doesn't even love her. It was moments like these that she wished she had a sibling. Just to know they would always be there.