Chapter 95

Blake smiled on her way to Jace's dorm.

She had released yet another song two months ago and her platform has been growing a lot ever since January. She is still remaining faceless because she doesn't like the thought of walking around and people taking pictures of her. It has gotten her quite far and she was almost at a million followers on Instagram.

She honestly couldn't have been happier these past few months and it was amazing that she was in the same town as Jace's college once again. She was disappointed he was busy all day but she was going to stop by later on anyways, that's what they planned.

When she got to his dorm she knocked on it to see his roommate Tommy.

"He's on his bed."

She nodded and walked in.

She has visited Jace twicd over the last six months because she has been busy and so has he. They have had a few rough patches over the distance and time difference but they worked through it.

"Hi bubba" Blake smiled at him.

She expected him to run into her arms and give her a hug like he always did but he just sat on his bed, hands curled into his hair.

"Are you okay?" she asked him.

He sat up and Tommy immediately left the dorm leaving Blake confused.

"I um- we should talk."

"Okay about what?" she asked him.

She sat on his bed and she saw the sad look in his eyes making her heart sink.

"You're breaking up with me aren't you?" she asked him quietly.

"I- I thought I could do it. I really wanted to make it work but I can't. I want- I need someone who will physically be here with me all the time."

"So you want to throw it all away?"

"No I- it's not- I just can't do the distance Blake."

"Then I can stay here for a while, I can get a place here for a few months then go back away."

"You can't just stop your life just because I'm needy."

"But I can, I want to be with you."

"I want to be with you too, but I think we should take a break from us. At least until I'm done with college."

"Until college is over? I have to wait that long?"

Jace didn't say anything, blinking back the tears that wanted to fall. He wanted to take it back but he knew he couldn't. He missed Blake too much and it was starting to screw up how he played out on the field. He needed coach off his back.

"I just can't be in a relationship right now, at least a long distance one. I wanted it to work but I just can't do it Blake."

"Well I'm staying here then, we will make it work" Blake said desperately.

She felt stupid. She didn't think she would ever beg for a boy but here she was.

"Blake-"

"No, we have been dating for almost two in a half years. We can't just throw that away."

"Remember when we said that we would never leave each other until the other told them to?" he asked her.

"Jace, please don't do this."

"Blake, leave me."

"I can't do that."

He didn't want to look at her teared face, but he ended up doing it. He saw her eyes welling up with tears, them threatening to fall any second.

"Blake, you need to leave."

"Jace-"

"Seriously, go."

She crossed her arms over her chest and turned away quickly as the tears finally fell from her eyes. She shut her eyes tightly before opening them back up and opening his door.

"Jace?" she called out softly.

He sniffled and looked up at the back of her purple hair.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

She walked out, making his tears fall and she walked to her car in shame.

She felt as if her heart was just ripped out of her chest; to her it was. When she got in her car she leaned her forehead against her steering wheel before punching rapidly.

"No, no, no."

She curled into a ball in her seat and scrunched her shirt up, where her heart was, into a ball.

"Dad make it stop" she whimpered.

Blake somehow made it to the hotel.

She didn't remember ever pulling out of her parking spot and heading towards her hotel. She didn't even remember putting in her key card or throwing herself on her bed.

Sparrow whimpered at Blake, sending her sad mood before licking her salty tears off her face.

"He broke up with me Sparrow" she sniffled.

He just looked at her and she cried into his fur.

If everyone left her, at least she had Sparrow. She knew he wouldn't leave her.

Liked by 906,578 othersblake: expect a breakup song soon

blake: expect a breakup song soon

comments disabled.

———
4-12-21