Chapter 11

Blake held her mom as she cried softly.

"Let's get you out of here" Blake whispered quietly.

She walked out of the room dedicated for her father and locked the door. She carried her mom to her room and laid her gently in bed.

Blake was definitely more tough than her mother, her mom was extremely sensitive.

"I can cancel Jace and Ethan and I can stay here with you" she said softly.

Blake got home from school and heard her mother's cries. She bolted up the stairs and was shocked to see her in the room. She didn't think her mom would ever get over losing her husband.

"No it's for a project, I'll just take a nap" Susie sniffled quietly.

"Are you sure?"

Blake heard a knock on the front door but stayed where she was.

"I'm sure, I'll call you if I need anything" she said.

Blake nodded and kissed her mom's cheek gently. She wrapped her up in a blanket as the knocks kept going.

She groaned and left her mom in the room and walked to the front door.

"I heard the knock the first time you assholes, you wait until someone answers. Don't keep knocking."

She opened the door for them to walk in and they took off their shoes while placing their things by the front door.

"Let's try and get two layers done today. We want to make sure the thing is sturdy enough."

Blake got the things and brought it down. Since they only did one layer she wanted at least five layers to make sure it was sturdy. By tomorrow the mold should be done they just have to paint and get the right chemicals to make sure it erupted for the science fair.

Before they started she decided to play post malone. She was very open about liking post but her other music she kept to herself.

She didn't want to be rude though.

"Can I play some music?" she asked already looking for a song.

The boys nodded and Jace nodded in approval when post malone began to come out of her phone speakers. He also liked him.

His songs filled the silence between them and they ended up getting all five of the layers done with how fast they had worked. They washed their hands and she stared at the volcano mold that sat on her dining room table. The last layer was the layer to make sure bumps and little ledges were made. She didn't want to the volcano to be perfectly smooth since actual volcanos aren't like that.

"Tomorrow we can paint and during class we can just figure out the chemicals and we are done."

After they cleaned up their mess Blake turned to them.

"You gonna need a ride again?" she asked Jace with a grumble.

She wanted to get a quick workout done while her mother was still asleep. She was also glad that her mom had made her, her own gym in the house. Apparently she did it the days she wasn't at work while Blake was at school to keep herself occupied. So Blake canceled her membership at the other gym.

"Uh ye-"

"I'm taking him home, I don't have any plans" Ethan butted in.

Jace was slightly disappointed because he did enjoy the car rides with Blake.

"Alright cool."

The jocks walked out and before Jace could turn back around and say bye she was already shutting the door and locking it shut. Jace sighed before following after a whistling Ethan who swung his keys around his pointer finger.

Blake had changed into a black sports bra and biker shorts as she walked to her gym with beats around her neck. She selected a song and began to warmup.
———
9-14-20