Chapter 8

"Bye mom!" Blake yelled.

She glanced down at her combat boots, making sure the laces were tied before hopping on her board.

She skated off to school, doing a few tricks just because she wanted to

When she got there she stomped on the end so it went flying up and into her hands as she walked into school.

Then someone tapped her on the shoulder.

She groaned and turned around ready to tell Jace off but it was the principal.

"I would like to see you in my office" he said once she took out her headphones.

She followed after him and glared at Jace who was giving her a questioning look.

Once Blake sat down the principal along with the vice principal stood in front of her.

"Do you know why you are here?"

"Nope."

"You sure?"

"Can you just tell me?" she asked while grumbling.

They brushed off her attitude as the principal leaned forward slightly.

"You ran out of school yesterday."

"Oh yeah."

"That's all you have to say?" he questioned her.

"I needed to get home to my mom because she needed me."

"That's no excuse to leave school like that."

"My mom needed me so I left. Sorry she is more important to me than school is."

"I get that... why did she need you?"

"That is none of your business."

"See it is our business. If you don't tell us we will have to give you a double detention for today and tomorrow."

Blake crossed her arms and stared at the principal dead in the eyes.

"Then I guess I am getting a double detention."

"Very well, it will go on your record."

"I'm well aware."

They filled out her double detention and sighed.

"You are a new student Blake, I know who your father was. But you can't act like you have special treatment because of it" he explained.

Blake narrowed her eyes at the principal.

The principal and vice principal were the only two people who knew who Blake's father was at this school. Susie's lawyer came in and threatened to sue if they had told anyone. Adam Sterling kept it a secret for a reason.