Chapter 32

It was the day of the big game, pep rally and the homecoming dance. Seniors were excited for their last homecoming dance and football game of the year.

A lot of the teachers were rushing around before school started to get the last minute things ready and the school to look "preppy" enough for the day.

Each teacher that taught a specific grade wore certain school colors. They all called it color wars.

Freshman wore white, sophomores wore grey, juniors wore orange and seniors wore black.

Their school colors were orange and black.

"Where's your school spirit?" Jace asked Blake.

He was hoping she wore a little bit of orange on her body seeing as they are juniors but her body consisted of all black. The halls were filled with all of the four colors people were supposed to wear. She was stunned that pretty much everyone participated in school spirit. Her old school never had color wars.

"I threw it away."

Blake went to walk around him but he stopped her.

"Here, take my orange hoodie all football players have one. I have an orange shirt underneath" Jace said as he placed his backpack on the floor so he could take his hoodie off.

"I am not wearing your stupid hoodie."

Jace sighed sadly as put his backpack back on.

"Well you have to have orange. Here I have a bandana from the school store."

He handed her a bandana and she shook her head.

"Come on! It's color wars you have to participate."

Blake groaned loudly and tied the bandana around her thigh.

"Happy you moron?"

Jace nodded with a big smile and she glanced at the same kid who asked her to homecoming. He was staring right at them.

"I'm gonna go, your friend is being a creep."

Jace glanced at Tony and laughed.

"Yeah sorry about him, he's my best friend."

"Cool I guess. See ya."

§

Blake sat alone during the pep rally as she had music blasting in her ears. But it still wasn't enough for the loud screams and cheers from the rest of the school.

She glared at anyone who got a little too close to her and the two kids on both sides of her made sure not to touch her.

Jace sat with all the cheerleaders and football players right up front as they were the loudest in the juniors sections.

There were two sets of bleachers on both sides of the gym. There was about seven rows of them going up to the wall as they separated the two bleachers in half. Each section was for each grade so the freshman sat across the gym from the seniors and the sophomores sat across the gym from the juniors.

Blake started to get a headache as they brought in a drum line to end off the big pep rally. She was about ready to rip her own ears off. Her earbuds weren't doing her much justice seeing as she could still clearly hear everyone that she tried to block out.

When the drum line got to their section everyone stood up like the two previous classes had and began screaming to see who could be the loudest. Blake stayed sitting as everyone around her was standing. It was so obnoxiously loud that she could feel her entire body vibrating against the bleachers due to the drums and people stomping.