Chapter 6

Blake finished tying the red bandana around her purple hair as she looked at herself in the mirror.

She liked her sense of style

She liked her sense of style. She has a lot of cute clothes and people said it would be even better if most of her clothes weren't so dark.

But very little of her clothes weren't dark. She just rather wear dark clothing.

It made her stand out even more which was her plan. Dark clothing clearly stood out to not so tan skin and purple hair.

Blake smiled at her outfit and saw her mom still sleeping.

"Bye mom" she whispered.

She left in a hurry as she was running a little late and sped off to school.

As usual, everyone stared at the girl. She wondered if it would be like this if they knew who her dad was.

Most likely worse than it is now since people would try and talk to her. She would not like that.

Jace once again stopped her right before she walked into her class.

"You weren't here yesterday" he said.

"Really? I didn't know."

He gave her a look.

"You aren't in any of my classes. So stop stalking me."

"I'm not stalking you, I want to be your friend" he said.

"Sucks, I don't do friends. I'm better on my own."

"And why is that?" he questioned.

"I only tell my friends that information" she said with a shrug.

"You just said you don't do friends."

"Exactly."

Jace looked at Blake as she walked into class.

It would be hard to be friends with her. But it will be a challenge he was willing to accomplish over time.

§

Jace sat down across from Blake at lunch the same day.

She groaned loudly and looked at him.

"Can you get the hell away from me?" she asked.

A few people's eyes casted at the jock and the mysterious purple haired girl.

"What's your last name?"

"I don't see how that concerns you" she said as she placed her head into her hand and leaned forward.

"Well my full name is Jace John Winters" he said proudly.

"Your middle name is John?" she asked with a snort.

"Yeah? What's wrong with that?"

"Such an original name" she shrugged as she leaned back.

"I bet yours is Marie" he smirked.

"Marie? Hell no, my parents aren't original with their names."

"Well your name is Blake, pretty original name" he shrugged.

"Blake for a girl name? Have you ever met a girl name Blake, Jace?"

"Touché."

"Exactly."

"So what's your middle name? Rose?"

"Arrow."

"Your middle name is Arrow?" he asked.

"That's what I said" she said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Blake Arrow, hmmm quite unique."

"I know."

"Glad you know."

She took a glance over at the jock and cheerleader table and they were all looking at her smirking.

Then a thought came to her. He doesn't want to be friends. There is some sort of bet, why else would they all be looking and smirking.

But she did seem satisfied when Taylor looked like her head was going to explode.

"You can go back to your friends now" she said as she put her backpack on.

"What are you talking about?"

"Shows over assholes!" she yelled out to the table.

Jace looked at his teammate and they were all giving him thumbs up. They probably thought he was trying to hook up with her.

"Glad you were able to entertain them John."

She walked passed their table and flipped them off while winking at them.

§

"There better be a valid explanation on why you are leaning against my car" Blake growled as she stomped over to her car.

"What are you plans right now?" Jace asked as he pushed himself off her car.

"That's none of your concern. It seems like you are my stalker."

"Just trying to get to know you."

"I'll save you the trouble, I don't open up easily. Now scram."

"I don't think I will" he shrugged.

She unlocked her car and opened the door.

"Then I'll drive away, it's really not hard" she smiled sweetly.

"Then I'll follow you."

"You are crazy. No wonder why that brunette was a perfect fit for you. She is just as crazy as you."

"Excuse me?" he asked.

"You heard me, I'm not repeating myself. I also know that you and your jock friends have practice right now so you can't find me. But have fun with that Johnny boy."

"My name is Jace."

"Jace John, adios pendejo."

Blake hopped in her car and immediately sped out of the parking lot as Jace stood there.
———
9-2-20