Chapter 52

All the junior science teachers had a meeting today which means the science classes had a study hall.

Blake snuck out of her study hall after she checked herself in and went to Jace's study which was in the library.

She saw him doing homework with his headphones on. She walked over quietly and put her hands over his eyes, giving him a soft kiss on his lips.

"What are you doing here?" Jace asked as he took her soft hands off his eyes.

Jace removed his headphones from his ears and smiled at Blake.

"I have a study too, decided to slip out."

He smiled at her and gave her another kiss.

"Well I have an essay that's due in two days so I would like to start it" he said quietly, not wanting her to leave.

"Fine by me, I'm going to read."

She pulled a book out of her bag and he smiled at her.

"You're beautiful you know that?"

"I do, thank you though."

His smile widened at her confidence and she rolled her eyes at him.

"Write your essay you dork."

Blake leaned against him as he worked on his essay while she read. It was like that the whole period; very occasionally he would take a two minute break to smile at Blake's concentrated face and give her a gentle kiss on the forehead.

Taylor watched in jealousy across the library as she gripped her Spanish three book tightly in her hands.

When the bell rang, Blake got off Jace as he packed up his stuff.

"See you at lunch?"

Blake nodded and gave him a quick kiss before walking to her next class.

§

Taylor yelled at a few jocks and began stomping away making Blake watch in amusement.

"What is she on about this time?" Jace asked as he walked up next to his girlfriend.

"Who knows, she's slowly losing her mind."

"Slowly?"

Blake laughed at him and  drove them to her house.

"Remember you have to be slow with your actions. Don't pet his head just yet, he flinches when you come near it."

He nodded and when they walked up to their room, Max was sleeping on his bed she bought him.

"Hi buddy" Blake said softly.

Max looked at them and Blake put her hands slowly in front of his nose to show she won't hurt him. She saw his tail slightly move when she began petting his back.

She stepped back and he got scared of Jace at first but sniffed him only to just go back to sleep.

"He loves me."

Blake laughed softly at his sarcastic tone and kicked her shoes off next to her bed before curling herself into her blankets.

"Did you eat anything today?"

Blake shook her head and yawned.

"You should go eat."

"I'm not hungry."

Jace left her room and she went in her bathroom to remove her makeup. She changed out of her jeans and tight shirt into baggy sweats and a t shirt.

"Come here bud."

She patted the spot next to her as Max just stared at her.

"I hope you know Max is not a good name and I'm going to name you Sparrow."

"Sparrow?" Jace asked as he walked into her room.

"Yeah, like Captain Jack Sparrow."

Jace tossed the bag of Taki's at her and she opened them up.

"Gracias mi amor."

Jace blushed at her Spanish and turned her tv on.

"Are you doing anything for Christmas?" Blake asked Jace.

"We were supposed to spend break at Disney Land but something came up and we don't have the vacation money. So we are spending it here."

Blake nodded and sucked the taki dust off her thumb.

"You?"

"Probably nothing, I didn't do anything for Thanksgiving and I doubt my mom will want to celebrate without dad."

"You could celebrate it with us, my whole family loves you."

Blake chuckled softly and scratched her wrist.

"I rather not intrude, I'll be hanging with Sparrow."

Jace sighed, knowing that Christmas without her dad this year is going to suck for her.

"I need to head home soon."

Blake nodded and picked at her socks as she noticed Max scratching at his bed. She noticed he does that when he needs to go outside.

"Wanna go outside buddy?"

At the word outside, Max began wagging his tail and she hooked his black leash to his collar.

"I'll be back."

She slid off her bed before walking downstairs to take him outside. She stood on her porch as Max sniffed around and Jace came up behind her, wrapping his arms around her.

"I'm glad you gave me a shot" he whispered softly in her ear.

Blake hummed and leaned backwards against him with a small smile on her face, "me too."

They waited for Max to finish and she brought him back inside.

"Good boy."

She gave him a small little treat which he took gently and ran back up to her room.

"I have to head home now."

Blake nodded and he held her face in his hands.

"I'll call you later?"

She nodded once again and he bent down slightly to kiss her.

Jace so badly wanted to say those three words but they only have been dating three days and since they started off taking things rather slow he decided to hold off on it.

"Bye baby" he whispered softly.

"Later skater."

He gave her one more kiss before making his walk home.
———
1-6-21