Chapter 22

Blake got ready and she felt a little lighter from yesterday.

She was glad that she finally cried out all her bottled up emotions from the past ten months. It was a thing she really needed. Even if she did hate crying.

She stared at herself in the mirror and was proud she was wearing some color today.

Well, she wouldn't say proud, she was shocked.

Blake put on all her things; her layered necklaces, she turned her nose ring just so it wouldn't get stuck and nodded in approval.

After doing her makeup for half an hour she decided she needed to stop before she was late and set it with setting spray.

It was hard putting on lip stuff with a lip ring so she always stuck with chapstick. But everything else she did.

Her makeup looked flawless as usual.

She left quietly, not saying a word to either of the women who were making pancakes before work.

Once she got to school she clipped her key chain on her belt loop and began her journey inside the building she called hell.

§

Jace followed a sneaky Blake as she snuck her way into the library once again.

She sat in between the shelves and looked up to see a smiling Jace standing above her.

"Stop following me creep."

He plopped himself down on the floor and leaned against one of the book shelves gently as she was leaning against the brick wall.

"I just came to have lunch with my friend" he said with a goofy smile on his face.

He was extremely happy they were finally friends. He was hoping they could eventually become more than that.

"Oh stop wearing it out."

They sat in silence before Jace pulled out his peanut butter and jelly sandwich he packed along with a bag of gold fish, a bag of barbecue chips and a water.

"Why don't you ever eat lunch?" Jace asked her.

"School lunch doesn't appetite me in any way."

Jace looked down at his food and handed over his sandwich.

"Here eat my sandwich."

"No I'm fine."

"Come on! It's peanut butter and jelly."

"I'm allergic to peanuts."

Blake was severely allergic to peanuts. If she were to have anything with peanuts in it her throat would close up and her tongue would get itchy. Last time she accidentally ate peanut butter in something she ended up in the hospital.