Chapter 13

"Yo Jace!"

Jace turned to see Blake calling him as she hopped down the bleachers.

She was wearing black high waisted jeans with a lot of rips going down her legs showing off the fishnets on her stomach and exposed leg. Her combat boots made her steps louder as her cropped dark red crop top hung tightly to her upper body and her leather jacket laid over the shirt as it was open.

"What?" Jace asked.

The rest of the jocks whispered to themselves about the two as practice just ended.

"Come to my house when you finish in the locker room."

"Uhhhh, why?"

Jace was happy that she finally wanted to hang out with him.

"The science fair is tomorrow and I plan on skating to school tomorrow so I want you to bring the volcano in since I don't trust Ethan."

Jace heart dropped slightly but he nodded.

"Yeah sure, I'll meet you there?"

She nodded, her side bangs bounced as she does so since her hair was in two French braids today. Blake walked away as Jace watched her in adornment.

Once Blake got home she waited for the jock to get to her house as she made a bagel.

"Hey sweetheart" her mom said.

Blake nodded at her and continued smearing the cream cheese on her bagel.

"More college letters" her mom said as she tossed the pile of mail on the table.

"Okay."

It was silent between them before Susie broke it.

"You aren't going to college are you?" Susie asked.

Blake shrugged even though she was leaning more towards her not going.

"You should stay here with me" Susie said as she opened up an envelope.

"What do you mean?" Blake asked.

She was still slightly mad at her for yesterday.

"I need someone to look after me, you can't leave me when you go off to college."

"I think you can take care of yourself mom" Blake sighed.

Susie shrugged and Blake rolled her eyes.

"I'm gonna go to the skatepark."

Blake grabbed her skateboard from her room just as she heard a knock on her front door.

She grabbed her headphones and walked down to see her mom opening the door for Jace.

"What can I do for you?" Susie asked.

"I'm here to get the volcano" Jace said.

"Beforehand we can grab the beaker from the science room" Blake said as held her skateboard.

"Okay cool."

Jace picked it up and he smiled at the two girls.

"Bye ladies."

Susie smiled at him and he left the house carefully.

"Bye mom."

Blake pecked her cheek and left the house.

"Where you going?" Jace asked as he placed the volcano in his back seat.

"To the moon."

Jace laughed at her and she placed her skateboard on the sidewalk.

"See ya."

She began riding off and Jace once again stared at her in adornment just like whenever he saw her.

After hours, the sun finally set and she sat at the park looking through pictures of her and her dad.

There was one where he took off her phone, it was just their legs but he was her skating buddy. He was the one who taught her how to skate and she came to love it over the years.

Deciding to post on Instagram again since she hasn't in a while she typed a caption and hit post.

Liked by 753 others
blake: my skating buddy forever🖤

She closed off her phone and headed home.
———
9-16-20