Chapter 38

Everyone was back from Thanksgiving break. Usually Blake would be incredibly angry to be back at school but today Drew was sending her the finish cut of her song that she just recorded.

The good thing about her songs is that they were quick to edit and record them. She wants her songs short, not too long. It's what she was best at. But she knew she would eventually write longer songs. For now though, she will stick to shorter songs.

Drew had told her he would send her the audio to it to see if she would like it around noon. If she liked it, it would go out on Saturday night at midnight. She was excited.

After receiving good reviews on her first song, she was happy to see what people will think about her second song.

The bell rang indicating lunch and she rushed to the library. She sat down staring down at her phone waiting for it to ding from a text. When it finally did she opened her phone quickly and smiled at the audio that was sent to her.

(Not the first part of the dad speaking, the rest though.)

Drew:

Blake: it's amazing! thanks

Drew: Good job on the song Blake, you're going to do great things

Blake beamed as she finished listening to her song. She was incredibly pround herself.

She jumped up and snuck out of the library to go find Jace so he could listen. He doesn't know that she writes any songs or has even sang any and produced them.

The purple haired girl walked towards the lunch room but stopped when she heard Tony's voice.

"Oh come on man! You have to man up" Tony groaned.

"I have to wait, she probably doesn't even like me like that."

"Well did you ask her?"

"No."

"Exactly! Worse comes to worse she doesn't like you back."

"Then it becomes awkward then we lose our friendship. You forgot about that part" Jace grumbled.

Blake furrowed her eyebrows at their encounter, hoping that it was her they were talking about. Her crush on Jace only grew ever since she realized.

"Well you have to do it soon, before some other guys takes her out."

"You really think that will happen?"

"What? No of course not. Have you met her?"

The two laughed and Blake rolled her eyes as she walked away.

She will just have to show him later.

§

Blake waited for Jace to come to her place in the gym. He told her he was hanging out with Tony and would be by afterwards.

She finished up her sets and wiped the sweat off her forehead as she opened the window, the cold November breeze blowing in the room and airing it out. She gulped down her water and wrapped her towel around her neck as she heard her front door open.

Bouncing downstairs, she sent a wave to Jace.

"Want a water?" she asked the star struck boy.

He shook his head and watched the beautiful girl in front of him as her whole body glistened in the light.

"I'm gonna shower real quick, you can watch tv in my room if you'd like."

He followed her upstairs and as she got her stuff ready for her shower he placed himself comfortably on her bed.

"You told me you wanted to show me something" Jace said as he grabbed the remote.

"After my shower" she said while biting back a smile.

He nodded and watched whatever show that was on while Blake took a fast shower. When she came out he smiled at her when she wore a big hoodie and some shorts. Her purple wet hair was down to air dry as her face was bare of any makeup.

"So what'd you wanna show me?"

Blake grabbed her laptop from her dresser and plugged her phone into it so she can download it on there.

"I just want you to tell me if this song is good. It's not really showing you anything I guess. I discovered it not too long ago."

She clicked the first song she wrote, Lonely and turned her volume up on her laptop.

She played it and kept glancing at Jace to see his reaction. When it finished she looked at him.

"Do you like her singing?"

"I do like it, the song is a little too depressing for my liking though so not a fan of the song."

Sadness washed over her but she hid it well.

"Here's her other song."

No one else has heard this song since it wasn't released yet. Blake played it and Jace listened to the full thing before nodding his head.

"Again, not a fan of the song but she is a good singer."

Blake nodded and shut her laptop.

"What don't you like about it?"

"I don't like depressing music, it's not my favorite so I won't say I will ever be a fan of her. What's the girls name?" he questioned her.

Jace has never heard Blake sing before so he really had no idea it was her. But it still hurt Blake's feelings.

"She goes by the name Arrow. But her actual name is Blake Sterling."

Jace whipped his head to Blake so fast and he immediately felt guilty.

"You sang those songs?" he asked quietly.

"And wrote them yeah. I produced them with the same company my dad worked for."

She got up and placed her laptop on her dresser.

"I am so sorry Blake! I had no idea it was you!"

"It really downs matter, I wanted your honest opinion and you gave it. Not everyone has to like it" she shrugged.

She really was hoping out of everyone in the world Jace would like her work but he doesn't. He only liked her voice, not the song she writes from personal experience.

"I'm so-"

"Jace I just said it doesn't matter" Blake groaned.

He sighed and looked at the girl. He could tell his comment hurt her and he wanted to slap himself. He was an idiot for not knowing.

"You can't tell anybody though okay? I don't want people acting all buddy buddy with me. I already got so many people listening to my first song. Drew, the guy from the studio says I can go places and I can't wait. I want to be known for my photography and my singing."

Jace nodded and Blake laid down on her bed.

"I didn't mean to hurt your feelings" he said softly.

He laid next to her and she rolled her eyes.

"You didn't. Not everyone has to like the type of music I write so it really doesn't matter."

He nodded and she rubbed her eyes as she focused her attention on the tv.

For a few hours the two teens watched different movies before Jace took his leave.
———
12-6-20