Chapter 78

Jace sat up against the tree as Blake sat in between his legs. She wrote in her song book as Jace looked away from it, not wanting to look at what she was writing. He didn't want to invade her privacy.

"You know you can look" she said with a light tone.

"Oh, I thought it was like a private thing."

She shook her head, giving him a small laugh before going back to writing. He skimmed over the first half of the song, her labeling what was the intro, verse 1 and the chorus so far. She also put different notes on the side on what she was thinking should be added to it.

He didn't bother commenting on anything, he felt like it would ruin her rhythm so he sat in silence, just peering over her shoulder.

Lunch was almost over when she shut her song book and leaned more against Jace's body.

"You finish?"

She nodded and he checked his phone.

"We still have eight minutes, you wanna make out?"

She laughed loudly, snorting while doing so as he admired the happiness radiating off of her. She truly was the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. Besides his mom and three sisters of course.

"Sure bubba let's make out" she laughed.

He beamed and she turned over, sitting on his lap so both her legs were on different sides of him before kissing him.

They heard the bell from a distance and she stood up, helping a dazed Jace up to his feet.

"When we get home we are so doing it" he said as he put his mask on.

"Oh and why is that?" she teased him.

"You gave me four hickey's!"

She laughed and intertwined their fingers together as she pulled them towards the school.

"It's not funny, I'm in the mood now" he frowned.

"You wanted me to give you one" she shrugged.

"Yeah one, not four" he groaned.

They stopped walking before they got into the building and she looked up at him.

"I'm sorry."

He looked down at her slightly since she was wearing her vans today and looked at the look in her eyes.

"It's okay" he sighed.

He gave her a kiss on her forehead after pulling his mask down making her smile, which made him smile before going into the building.

Blake walked Jace to his class first since she didn't want him late before giving him one last kiss.

She got to her class three minutes late and she walked in making everyone look at her.

"Why are you late Blake?"

"I was in the bathroom."

"You could have waited until you got to class."

"Too late now, sorry."

§

At lunch Jace sat with the football team since tryouts were after school. He felt bad leaving Blake behind but she shrugged it off and said she would be in the library reading.

She really didn't care if Jace wanted to sit with them, they are always together anyways so if he wanted to hang out with those jocks she wasn't going to stop him.

After school they both bid farewell before Blake went to skate around for a bit and Jace went to get ready for tryouts.

She took pictures of things and went home to edit them while Sparrow laid next to her on her bed.

"Blake!"

"Yeah mom!" Blake called out, removing her beats from her ears.

"Me and London will be out for a few hours! You can order some Chinese food or something, I left money on the counter!"

"Okay! Bye love you!"

"Love you too!"

She heard the front door close and unpaused her music before going back to editing some of the pictures she had taken.

When she finished she did some homework and changed into shorts and a sports bra before going to workout.

She showered when she was all done with her routine into spandex and her old dance shirt. She had practiced some of her dances she did before and she was definitely rusty but she was still very good.

"Bubba? You home?!"

"In my room!"

She put her brush down before starting to put lotion on when an exhausted Jace walked through the door.

"You okay?"

"I don't even know how I was able to shower in the locker rooms. I am so sore and tired, I should have listened to you and began working out a few weeks ago" he grumbled before flopping himself on her bed next to Sparrow who began sniffing him.

"I told you but you said you would be fine."

"I know, can I get a massage?" he asked while mumbling into her pillow.

She laughed but sat on his butt to massage his back, shoulders and arms. She moved off of him to massage his legs which ended up making him fall asleep almost instantly.

She sat at her desk and opened up her songbook before looking at Jace. She smiled at him and began writing.

Blake finished the song quickly while munching on Chinese food, getting her inspiration from the sleeping boy on her bed. She scribbled 'This is Us' on the top of the page before climbing in her bed next to him.

"Blake?" he mumbled tiredly.

"Go back to sleep" she whispered to him.

She scratched his head and he mumbled an I love you before falling asleep, which she didn't understand. But she still shut her eyes and went to bed as well.
———
3-31-21