Chapter 65

Jace tapped his fingers impatiently against his steering wheel. He had been sitting outside her house since ten fifty and it's now eleven-ten. He was told he could stop by anytime after eleven.

When he saw the time switch to eleven-eleven he got out of his car and nervously walked up to Blake's door. He hardly got any sleep last night and he looked like a mess, he couldn't sleep with all the nerves running through him.

He knocked firmly on the door and waited until the door opened, which revealed Blake.

She also didn't sleep last night, was up thinking all night and calming herself down which helped a lot.

"Can I come in?" Jace asked nervously.

Blake nodded silently and stepped aside to let the tired boy in. He sat on her couch and she followed after him.

"I didn't cheat on you last night, Taylor must have saw you coming and she kissed me. I know I should have pushed her off me right away but I was shocked. When I realized what was happening I pushed her away, I swear on everything I didn't kiss her back. I would never, ever cheat on you or do anything to jeopardize this relationship."

Blake watched the nervous boy speak and she nodded her head.

"I figured that much, I know I should have called or texted you but I was just angry. I shouldn't have shut you out but I didn't want to hit you because if I saw you I probably would have and if I stayed I would have done a lot of damage to Taylor, despite me still wanting to."

"So we are okay?" Jace asked hopefully.

Blake nodded and he gave her a firm kiss on her lips, relief flooding his body.

"I was so nervous baby, I didn't want to lose you" he whispered into her ear as he gave her a hug.

Blake gave out a soft laugh and she curled up into Jace, she didn't want to admit it out loud but she was scared. She had stayed up all night thinking that what if he actually wanted to kiss Taylor at that moment and pushed her away knowing she could see, even if she knew it wasn't true.

"You okay baby?"

Blake nodded her head and he wrapped his arms tightly around her, enjoying the feeling of her in his arms.

"Want to take a nap?" Jace asked.

He was beyond exhausted, only getting about twenty minutes of sleep last night didn't feel too good, especially after partying just a few hours prior.

Blake nodded once more and he kissed her purple hair, her brown roots coming in as he combed through her hair with his fingers.

She felt vulnerable right now, something she felt very rarely, maybe once in a blue moon. Blake absolutely hated feeling this way.

"Jace?" Blake asked softly.

He hummed tiredly and she laid her hand on his collarbone.

"You won't leave me right?"

He looked down at his girlfriend and saw her laying on him with her eyes closed, she had this look on her face that he couldn't quite understand.

"I'll never leave you unless you tell me to baby" he whispered in her ear.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

He gave her forehead a kiss and they both fell asleep soon after that.

§

Jace woke up around their dinner time. Blake was still peacefully sleeping on Jace as he played with her hair softly.

"Hmm what time is it?" she asked groggily.

She rubbed her nose with her sleeve as he checked his phone.

"Five twenty seven."

She nodded and yawned loudly.

"Is my mom home?"

"Yeah, she took Sparrow outside not too long ago."

Blake nodded and stayed put on Jace as she was ready to go back to sleep.

"Let's go get something to eat."

"I'm not hungry."

"You haven't eaten anything all day" Jace sighed.

"And? I said I'm not hungry."

She shut her eyes again and he sighed.

"Well I'm hungry" he stated.

"Then go get food."

"You're on top of me."

Blake grumbled and stood up.

"Fine go get your food, I'll be in my room" she snapped.

Blake walked into her room and he sighed checking the date on his phone. She would have been expecting her period in a few days if she wasn't on birth control but she still pms-ed and Jace knew that.

Jace grabbed his keys and went out to buy a few things. He bought some ice cream, some candy, lots of chocolate, some taki's, and went to Wendy's for some chicken sandwiches and fries along with a large lemonade for her and a large root beer for himself.

He sighed, using practically all of his money that he had on him and stuffed his wallet back into his pocket before driving back to Blake's house.

Jace walked right in with all the bags and walked up to her room quietly.

"Baby?"

"Go away Jace."

He shut the door and kicked his shoes off.

"I got you some stuff."

She looked at him and saw the two bags of stuff along with the Wendy's bag and two drinks in his hand.

"I told you I wasn't hungry" she mumbled.

"Well, for when you are hungry I got us both a chicken sandwich along with a bunch of candies and snacks."

She played with her lip ring, something she does to stop herself from smiling.

"Thank you" she said quietly.

He sat down next to her and took out his chicken sandwich as she sipped on her lemonade. She ended up taking out the chicken sandwich and frowned at the tomato.

"You want my tomato?"

He nodded and opened his mouth as she shoved it in his mouth.

The two teens ate their food in silence and when they were done he got up to throw their trash away as she played with her dad's ashes.

"I think I found the one dad" she whispered to it as she gave it a small smile.

Jace smiled at that from outside her doorway, his heart fluttering and waited a few seconds before walking in.

"Is Sparrow downstairs?" Blake asked.

"Yeah."

Blake whistled for Sparrow and he came running up the stairs and jumped on her bed, wagging his tail excitedly.

"What a good boy" she smiled at him as she scratched his stomach.

Jace sat behind her and wrapped his arms around her stomach gently, leaning his chin on her shoulder.

"I love you" he whispered in her ear.

She turned to look at him and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"I love you too John."

He smiled at that and she turned back around to continue petting her dog.
———
2-17-21