Chapter 104

*3 years later*

Jace had just graduated from Ohio state an hour ago. His entire family was out celebrating with him.

A lot has changed over the last three years.

Jace, he's become more buff. He wasn't as, lean as before. He had more muscle to him, he grew to be six foot four and his hair was now a dark brown. He has been single ever since he broke up with Emma his freshman year. He was waiting for Blake, he would wait forever for her if he had to. Well, unless she moved on. Then he would slowly but surely move on as well.

Collin had graduated high school just three days prior to Jace's college graduation, Avery going to start her senior year and Gracie going to start her junior year. Little Michelle, she was starting her freshman year of high school.

Blake was still traveling the world, she had came out with two more albums plus four singles within the three years. She has been really busy.

She has grown quickly, everyone knowing of her just not knowing what she looks like.

She has healed, with time she healed the wounds of her heart. She forgave Jace, she did but just did not tell him. Which was why she sat in her car in the parking lot of the restaurant the Winters' were eating at.

They were outside at one of the tables and Tammy gave Blake a nod from the car as they were paying for the bill.

Blake climbed out of her car and slammed her door shut. She still loved Jace, that part was very clear. But she was okay with being friends for now, she didn't want to jump into a relationship just yet.

She was still too cautious, she didn't want to be hurt again. So since he was done with college she figured they could become friends again.

"Congrats, on graduating" Blake spoke awkwardly.

Everyone turned to her besides Jace, he just froze in his seat.

"Turn around you look stupid" Collin said, his deep voice invading Blake's ears.

Jace turned around, looking at the beautiful girl in front of him. He hasn't seen or heard her voice in three years, he really did miss her.

Her hair was still the same purple, just slightly darker this time. She had more tattoos on her body now, he could tell she began working out too since the abs were exposed and her arms were more toned. She was wearing a tight, thin crop top and some shorts that went up just above her mid thigh. Her hair was up in a messy bun and her lip ring shined brightly in the beating sun.

"You're really here" he breathed out.

"Yeah, wanted to say congrats."

He went to pull her into a hug but stopped himself, "can I hug you?"

She nodded slightly and he pulled the tall girl into his body. He immediately relaxed, still getting those tingles from years ago.

"I missed you" he murmured into her shoulder.

She hummed and pulled away, he went to give her a kiss on instinct but she ducked her head away. "We can be friends for now, I don't want to jump into anything."

Patience.

He's been patient all these years, he can be patient a little longer.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I'm glad you're here."

She nodded awkwardly and shifted on her feet. They were itching to be barefoot but stopped herself from reaching down and aggressively taking off her slip on vans so her feet can be free. She really did hate wearing shoes in the summer.