Chapter 5

Blake didn't feel like going into school today so she didn't. Instead she finally decided to unpack the boxes that she had yet to unpack yet.

Procrastination at its finest.

She loved waiting until the last minute to do most things. She hated that she did it but whenever she said she would work on it she puts the thought aside.

The only thing she unpacked were her bathroom things, clothes and that's about it.

She gently unwrapped her record player as she put it on her dresser. She looked at her bare walls and picked a wall where she would put her records.

She began working and once they were all hung up she smiled.

The wall across she decided to put all her Polaroid pictures on it. Each one had a date on it, almost all of them were with her and her dad.

She started taping, leaving a little space in between each. When she covered half the wall full of pictures, besides the windows being in the way, she climbed down and stared at her room in approval.

She unpacked her books next and put them on the shelves that were put next to her bed. Blake loved reading books, she would do it when she wasn't doing anything else.

Her bed was up against the wall and she decided to hang up a family picture above her bed, so the dark grey walls weren't so plain.

When she finished she got in her bed and looked around her room. She smiled proudly.

To her left was where her 2 windows laid and that's where she put her pictures. To her right was where she had her records and that's where her door was. Right in front of her was a plain wall with 2 doors on each end. A flat screen was in between with her dresser underneath it. The door on the left was her bathroom and the door on the right was her closet.

Her room was huge, it was slightly smaller than her room back at her old house but she had to downgrade.

White rimmed the entire room, standing out against the dark grey walls and doors. The curtains were dark grey as well.

Her mom refused to let her paint it black so she stuck with dark grey. They painted it before they moved everything in.

Grabbing her key, she decided to go in the room that her mom made her keep locked as she walked in.

"Hey dad..."

Meanwhile, Jace was disappointed. He didn't want to admit it but he didn't like not seeing her at school.

She was always up on the bleachers for about thirty minutes drawing before leaving. Not seeing her purple haired self made him grow disappointed.

Why wasn't she here?

He didn't have her number and she didn't talk to anyone so he couldn't ask them where she was.

He groaned out in frustration making Taylor look at him.

"Are you okay baby?" Taylor asked.

Her voice sounded slightly different from the small bandages on her nose.

"I'm not your baby Taylor."

Did Jace regret making the stupid agreement?

Yeah.

He knew she caught feelings, that part was obvious. The stupid agreement ruined their friendship for good. But his irrational, hormonal thoughts thought it was a good idea at the time. It clearly wasn't.

Taylor regretted it too, she never thought she would like Jace in that way. She never has but now that she does she doesn't see it going away anytime soon which was the scary part for her.

"I think we should cancel our agreement" he said as they made her way to his car.

"What?" she asked.

"I don't think we should do what we are doing anymore. It's not fair to either of us."

Taylor didn't know whether she was happy or disappointed.

"If you think that's best" she said quietly.

"Yeah... do you still want me to take you home?"

She nodded silently and climbed into his car.

The car ride was silent. If it wasn't for the music playing on the radio it would have been awkward silence that neither of them could have handled.

When he pulled up to Taylor's house, Jace put the car in park and turned to her.

"I'm sorry Tay."

She looked at him before looking back down at her bag.

"For what?" she asked softly.

"For making us become slightly more than friends" he said.

She shrugged and her eyes danced around the outside of her white house.

"I- maybe we can still be friends after this?"

"I don't know Jace."

He nodded and he rubbed his thumb along the smooth material of his steering wheel.

"Take care Taylor."

She sent him the tiniest smile before climbing out of the car. She climbed up her steps before disappearing into her house.

Jace groaned loudly and placed his forehead on top of his steering wheeling.

"Fuck" he cursed.

He rubbed his chin before turning his head and backed out of Taylor's driveway.
———
8-31-20