Chapter 3

Blake rolled her eyes at the jocks who were staring at her once again.

Why they always stared at her specifically? She didn't know.

She was used to people staring at her a lot. But they never stared like these jocks stared at her. It made her uncomfortable and it made her want to hit each and every one of those assholes.

"You have a staring problem or what?!" she yelled down to the boys on the field.

The coach turned to look at her.

"Why you yellin at my boys?" he hollered back.

"Cause your boys won't stop staring at me! Tell them to knock it off or I'll come down there and make them!"

Blake didn't take shit from anybody. She knew how to fight well and she had a bad mouth. Her mother told her many times she needed to clean up her act but she never did.

Although she acted like this the press never knew who she was. Her father kept her and her mother a secret as he didn't want cameras all up in their personal lives. Plus he was a secretive guy. He did his work and went home to the comfort of his own home. No matter how many times they tried figuring out who his wife was or who his secret daughter was they never knew. He had always told her, if she wanted the world to know then she could let them. But until then, they will remain a secret.

Blake was glad. She could live a normal life without people commenting shit about her online twenty four seven.

It's people like the asshole jocks who are currently staring at her who she didn't want up in her business.

"Is that a threat?! I'll have to report that down to the principal!"

Blake marched down the bleachers with her stuff.

"She would be such a good bone" Ethan mumbled not so quietly.

Coach shot him a look and he backed up slightly.

"If you report me to the principal I will have to report to the principal that your quarterback had harassed me saying I would be a good bone. Wouldn't want the star of the team kicked off now would we?"

She knew how to play dirty and hell did she do it a lot. She was a complete badass and sometimes she took things too far but she couldn't help it.

Coach turned red with anger and shot another look at Ethan.

"Get off my field."

Blake fake smiled sweetly.

"Pleasure doing business with you."

She strutted off the field and began riding her skateboard through the parking lot as the boys looked at her. Jace looked at her in awe.

"Ethan you should have kept your mouth shut!" Coach snapped.

"Sorry coach" he mumbled.

"Two laps around the field, everyone else one lap."

Everyone groaned and began running.

When Blake got done doing her workouts at the gym she skated home and found her mom in the kitchen.

"Hey mom."

Her mother smiled at her.

"Why were you drinking again? You were doing so good."

Her mother faced her and wiped her hands. She wasn't shocked that Blake knew, she always found out. She always liked how straight up her daughter was with her. She never lied to her and always told the truth, that was her favorite thing about her.

"Yesterday was just a hard day" she said quietly.

"You shouldn't have to drink when it's a hard day. Please call me if you feel like having a drink."

She nodded and her mother wiped the board clean. They kept a mark on how many days she was sober. It's back to day one now.

"I'll be upstairs."

They lived in a big house for just the two of them. Blake was able to get her own room and bathroom along with her mother. Leaving three guest bedrooms, a living room, a dining room, a kitchen, a bathroom for everyone and a finished basement.

One of the guest bedrooms though was a placement for her dad. It had pictures of him, him and Blake, him and his wife and family pictures. It has his awards he won, his clothes they didn't have the heart to get rid of, just meaningful things.

They thought it was right but Blake had put it together. Her mother hasn't stepped foot in the room. Whenever she tried she started crying.

§

Jace fell next to Taylor panting as she was panting as well.

They were both sweating.

"I gotta go" he said as he checked his Apple Watch.

"Aw why?" she asked while pouting.

"My mom wants me home."

He pulled on his boxers and his jeans as he started redoing his belt.

"Can't we just cuddle for a little while?" she asked hopefully.

"No."

She frowned and he threw on his shirt as he began putting his socks on. She touched his back and wrapped her arms around his neck gently, laying her head on his shoulder.

"Why can't we be boyfriend and girlfriend? We would be the cutest couple."

Jace pushed her off gently as she wrapped a blanket around herself.

"Because when we started doing this we agreed we were doing one thing and one thing only. No feelings attached, nothing."

She nodded sadly and he left quickly leaving her frowning on the bed.

She hated that she even agreed to it. She thought it would be all fun and games but she has caught feelings. Major feelings and it didn't help. Taylor felt like a slut, as she wrapped the blanket tighter around her. What had she turned into?
———
8-29-30