Chapter 81

Blake woke up with having no idea what had happened the night before. Her limbs felt stiff and her mouth felt dryer than usual.

She rubbed her eyes, to adjust to the light in the room that came from her slightly opened windows and groaned. She didn't know how much she drank last night to result in feeling like this because she certainly is not a lightweight.

"Baby, you feeling okay?"

She squinted her eyes at a fuzzy Jace who sat looking down at her worriedly. Blake sat up and looked for a cup of water until Jace left quickly to get her one.

She drank quickly and scratched at her arm.

"How much did I drink last night?" she asked hoarsely.

She cleared her throat and rolled her head around her shoulders to get rid of the stiffness in her neck.

"You don't remember?" he asked her.

"I remember you going to find Tony and that's it" she murmured.

"You were drugged last night bubba."

Blake furrowed her eyebrows, "what?"

"Last night some guy slipped something in your drink."

She looked down at her legs, she felt sore everywhere.

"He didn't do anything to me right?" she asked him quietly.

"No he didn't, you found me and Tony right on time and Tony kicked his ass last night."

"Really?"

"Yeah, he was really pissed and took care of him while I took you home."

She nodded and pulled her knees up to her chest. "Can we cuddle?"

He nodded and laid back down and pulled Blake to him. She latched onto him tightly and placed her hand over his beating heart.

"That's scary" she whispered.

"I know bub, but no ones going to hurt you with me around."

Blake nodded at that and he rubbed her back softly.

"Go back to sleep, I'll wake you up later."

§

Blake ended up waking up an hour later, breathing heavily and sweating. She had a nightmare about her dad again.

"You okay?" Jace asked groggily next to her, still practically asleep.

"Yeah.. yeah I'm fine."

He hummed and went back to bed, as she sat there. She left the room and drank a cold glass of water, her muscles still feeling achy.

"Hi Blake" her mom smiled at her.

"Hi mom."

"You okay?"

Blake nodded, not wanting to face her mom to see how nervous she looked.

"Blake.. honey?"

Susie turned her around and her eyes softened.

"What happened?"

"Someone drugged me last night" she mumbled.

"Did they-"

"No, no Jace said that I found him just in time. But what if I didn't? He could have.."

"I know, I know but nothing happened and that's all that matters."

She pulled her daughter into a hug, and held her there for a while. Missing the way they haven't really done this in a while.

"Try and get some rest, you look tired."

Blake only nodded before dragging herself up to her room again. She sat up against the wall, petting Sparrow as he slept peacefully on her floor.

She woke up to herself being lifted and she began to kick but Jace placed a small kiss behind her ear to stop her from kicking.

"It's okay bubba, it's only me" he whispered.

She rubbed her eyes, and he placed her down on the bed.

"You fell asleep on the floor I only wanted you to be comfortable."

She didn't say anything, just pulled her sweats down to cover her ankles.

"Blake?"

The teen girl looked up at him, he saw the slight redness of her eyes and he pushed her fallen hair out of her face.

"Nothing happened, nothing will happen as long as I'm with you. Try not to worry yourself over that okay?"

"He could have-"

"But he didn't, you knew what happened right away which was amazing. You're so smart baby and I'm proud of you how fast you found us."

"But-"

"Look at me."

Blake looked back at Jace as he pulled her on his lap.

"Nothing happened, I promise you. Tony took care of that jerk. He won't do anything to you."

"What if he does it to other girls?"

"Then you can file a report."

"I don't know his name though or remember what he looks like" she panicked.

"Tony knows what he looks like. They can have a sketch artist draw him out. Everything will be okay."

"Can we go today? To go report him?"

"If you want to."

"Yes, I want to."

"Okay, go get ready and we will pick up Tony on the way."

She wanted that guy taken away or something. She didn't want something that could have happened to her, happen to another girl.
———
4-2-21